Do Not Sell My Personal Information

glow plug circiut tdci

peanuts

just replaced my glowplugs on my 2003 2.0 tdci after persistant problems with fuse blowing ! replaced all four partly to be sure and so i didnt have to take the inlet manifold off again

anyway fuse still blowing so looks like i have a deeper problem was wondering if there are any common causes of this that i have to look out for eg timer relay connector blocks etc

help ?

inspect the main wire that runs from/to the glow plugs, easiest to start at the plugs, ensure the wire touches nothing but the plugs, follow it into the loom, often they wear away at one point through the shroud and rubbing against the block/earth.

Look carefully, wont take much.

Piggy :)

(double check the fuse rating too, maybe fitted too low.)

Ta mate was thinking along those lines myself was looking more for schematic wiring diagram or something along those lines as there aint one in the haynes for the glow plug circuit any body have or know where i can find something like that ? Would be a real help to trace the fault

go with the obvious and have a look, its unlikely to be deep in the loom, coz its all protected, but look for it where it goes round a bend on the block or across another pipe etc :)