Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USB issues music playback

Loob82

Hi, new here, but hope someone can advise me. 

Yesterday I bought a 2009 mondeo titanium x sport, which I have to say I love. The head unit in the car however had been upgraded to a Kenwood DNX5260BT Sat nav system, I say upgraded, but there are a few things I can't do. 

It's bluetooth enabled so my phone works great, but I can't stream audio through the bluetooth for some reason.  Reading up on the unit you can do it through a USB connection, but I can't see any USB socket on the unit or in the car, which I thought they had. 

Anyone any ideas how I can get this to work or would I be better off just buying a new head unit? 

If so could anyone recommend one that has sat nav, phone capabilities, music streaming etc

Also my computer system only shows trip details and settings.  I thought all other options would have been removed when the new unit was installed since it's not a ford.  Is this the case? 

Thanks in advance for all your help

If you remove the unit there might be a USB cable with female socket on the rear. Does the manual not tell you whats on the back such as RCA's for amplifiers etc?

does the kenwood unit say it has a usb port on it ? take a look at the back of the unit.

It has got one on the rear, just google your model along with installation instructions and it brings up the original Kenwood PDF. Here you go - 

Screenshot_20161126-080600.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club