Do Not Sell My Personal Information

lcd mpg readout

ayup

dont know if im being stupid but the manual i got with my car and internet searches suggest i can get a readout of mpg but for the life of me i cant work it out , all i can seem to do is see the trip meter and re-set it and when i press the button on the clocks it makes a beeping sound when i press it , its not important but it's one of those niggly little things that get under your skin that you can't leave alone a bit like an itching foot when wearing boots covered in 2 inch of mud........you just can't leave it :biggrin: and it's a 2005 1.6 tdci sport any advice would be nice cheers people 

The fact that you mention a button on the instrument cluster suggests that your car has the Level 1 instrument cluster. The Level 1 instrument cluster does not have a board computer so it is completely normal that you can not find it.

The Focus MK2 was available with 3 different types of instrument cluster. Which type of instrument cluster is installed depends on trim level and selected options of the car.

Naamloos_zpse6iyhows.png

Level 1 instrument cluster. This type of instrument cluster has a small LCD display. This type of instrument cluster is installed to the lower trim levels and does not have a board computer. This type of instrument cluster has a button to reset the trip mileage counter.

Naamloos1_zpsytqhaqz7.png

Level 2 instrument cluster. This type of instrument cluster has a larger LCD display. This type of instrument cluster is installed to the higher trim levels and has a board computer which is controlled by buttons on the indicator stalk.

Naamloos2_zpsszngn4ky.png

Level 3 instrument cluster. This type of instrument cluster has a dual LCD display. This type of instrument cluster is installed to the higher trim levels with factory satnav and/or automatic transmission. This instrument cluster has the same functionality as the Level 2 instrument cluster. The 2nd display is used to display satnav and/or automatic transmission info and also shows date/time.

• Like 1

cheers mate , that'll be why i can't find the mpg read out then :biggrin:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club