Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modified Fusion

Danny Fusion

Has anyone actually modified a fusion (successfully) 😂😂

I really like the fusion but I want to make it look less 'grandadish' I'm going to start with a facelift bumper, blacked out windows, and possibly lowered.

has anyone else actually tried this or am I just considered strange 😂😂

any feedback grateful also pics (I'm looking to rob ideas) 😂

thanks,

Danny

I bought a Fiesta but might have actually gone with a Fusion, they seem like cracking cars in terms of the same platform as the Fiesta, just slightly bigger.

Perhaps look at modernising it with LEDs, colour coding bits etc, just don't forget to tell your insurance company!

• Like 1

hi m1tch,

yes its very similar to a fiesta that's what I like. Would I need to tell insurance if I only alter the appearance to modernise as it doesn't affect the performance, but colour coding is a must tbh as the black trim on the silver has got to go.

8 hours ago, Danny Fusion said:

hi m1tch,

yes its very similar to a fiesta that's what I like. Would I need to tell insurance if I only alter the appearance to modernise as it doesn't affect the performance, but colour coding is a must tbh as the black trim on the silver has got to go.

Might be best to check with the insurer but things like LEDs should be fine as they are replacement items, one thing to note about tinting is to check the OEM tint, anything B pillar back can be anything but sometimes the front driver and passenger windows are at or near the tint limit for the amount of light passing through.

Another thing that might help is changing the wheel colour to a graphite gray - what engine does it have btw?

2 hours ago, m1tch said:

Might be best to check with the insurer but things like LEDs should be fine as they are replacement items, one thing to note about tinting is to check the OEM tint, anything B pillar back can be anything but sometimes the front driver and passenger windows are at or near the tint limit for the amount of light passing through.

Another thing that might help is changing the wheel colour to a graphite gray - what engine does it have btw?

hi M1tch,

I'm aware of the tinting I'm only going to do the back section anyway. I have been looking at a new wheel colors graphite gray was my choice to but not sure how it would sit with the silver and I'm currently trying to source original fusion alloys. Also its only a 1.4 petrol but as I'm in my first year driving in not looking for speed. I'm not sure wether to change to a 1.6TDCI before spending money on the 1.4.

thanks.

Edited by Danny Fusion

wes180 😂😂😂

now there disastrous.

subtle changes to modernise I'm not a boy racer, I just want it to be more pleasing to look at 😂

but thanks (lol) 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danny Fusion said:

hi M1tch,

I'm aware of the tinting I'm only going to do the back section anyway. I have been looking at a new wheel colors graphite gray was my choice to but not sure how it would sit with the silver and I'm currently trying to source original fusion alloys. Also its only a 1.4 petrol but as I'm in my first year driving in not looking for speed. I'm not sure wether to change to a 1.6TDCI before spending money on the 1.4.

thanks.

I wouldn't mod the 1.4 much, perhaps just an air filter for better throttle response and MPG, I wouldn't go near the 1.6 TDCi, there are many many issues with that engine mainly due to a badly designed oil system - look up 'DV6 issues' on Google and you will see why lol.

I have the silver 1.4 TDCi, its been a pretty good little engine, people say that its slow and underpowered, after doing some testing on my car I found that the airbox is a massive restriction, changing to an induction kit has completely changed the car and it really does make overtaking on the motorway much easier.

Unless the car is 4WD or RWD I wouldn't worry about putting much power into it, instead concentrate on a few subtle mods to make the car nicer to drive, look slightly more modern and perhaps look at changing the stereo and Speakers etc.

Thanks for the warning me about the 1.6TDCI lol, I may switch to a 1.4TDCI ill do some research as to wether there would be a big enough difference to switch cars completely.

As for the air induction kit is that possible to fit myself with limited tools and experience as that may help because overtaking is near impossible 😂. I have just seen a K&N complete induction kit for around £80 so if fitting is easy I would get it as of I get the 1.4TDCI I could always switch it to that.

also as far as modernising I will be buying alloys some as well as switching the black trim to chrome including door handles and mirrors. I did have a 7inch double din system but it was Chinese and broke so I've been looking at a few options to replace that too. Also have you changed you dial colours as the green is hideous😂😂

14 hours ago, Danny Fusion said:

Thanks for the warning me about the 1.6TDCI lol, I may switch to a 1.4TDCI ill do some research as to wether there would be a big enough difference to switch cars completely.

As for the air induction kit is that possible to fit myself with limited tools and experience as that may help because overtaking is near impossible 😂. I have just seen a K&N complete induction kit for around £80 so if fitting is easy I would get it as of I get the 1.4TDCI I could always switch it to that.

also as far as modernising I will be buying alloys some as well as switching the black trim to chrome including door handles and mirrors. I did have a 7inch double din system but it was Chinese and broke so I've been looking at a few options to replace that too. Also have you changed you dial colours as the green is hideous😂😂

Induction kits are very easy to fit, my 1.4 TDCi is currently running on a £20 generic induction kit, took about 10 minutes to fit on mine, basically just find where the MAF sensor is (usually just after the airbox with a plug sticking out of it) and see where it is, you might be able to get away with just adding on a basic cone filter and replace the OEM airbox. Another trick I have learnt is to see if the OEM airbox has an intake 'snorkel' into it, this is usually very restrictive as its basically asking the engine to take in air through a long straw, simply disconnecting that from the airbox can sometimes give some gains.

I think the best 'mod' you can do is pour a load of filler into those body trims! I dunno about yours, but Ford assembly must have been on the sherry when they fitted mine.

Martin

• Like 1

thanks m1tch I don't actually think k&n do a induction kit for the fusion I based it off the fiesta.so I have emailed K&N myself to enquire but would a universal induction kit work nearly as good (lol)

2 hours ago, seamo44 said:

I think the best 'mod' you can do is pour a load of filler into those body trims! I dunno about yours, but Ford assembly must have been on the sherry when they fitted mine.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Do you mean the black plastic trim pieces that keep falling off in me 😂😂 or the actual body panels that dent of the slightest touch 😂

Danny

12 hours ago, Danny Fusion said:

thanks m1tch I don't actually think k&n do a induction kit for the fusion I based it off the fiesta.so I have emailed K&N myself to enquire but would a universal induction kit work nearly as good (lol)

Won't really bother with the Ken and Norm filters, they are ok but are very very expensive for what they are, easier to try out a universal kit to see if its worth it for you first.

Take a photo of your engine bay and I am sure we can work out routing etc, am I correct to say that this engine has the airbox in the engine cover on the top of the engine?

• Like 1

Yes m1tch as far as I'm aware its the same as the 1.4 fiesta. I will be able to take a picture on Monday as I've been told fiesta parts won't fit. But looking at the engine you couldn't tell. I have seen a few universal kits that looks fairly good and decently priced and help routing the induction would help alot. Thanks.

On 12/1/2016 at 6:54 PM, Danny Fusion said:

Hi Martin,

Do you mean the black plastic trim pieces that keep falling off in me 😂😂 or the actual body panels that dent of the slightest touch 😂

Danny

The plastic trims. I can't tell you how many times I have had to reattach the skirt/wheel arch trim on the off side rear. But it no problem, as I can store the tools in the gap that's there already!  :)

On 12/2/2016 at 10:52 AM, Danny Fusion said:

Yes m1tch as far as I'm aware its the same as the 1.4 fiesta. I will be able to take a picture on Monday as I've been told fiesta parts won't fit. But looking at the engine you couldn't tell. I have seen a few universal kits that looks fairly good and decently priced and help routing the induction would help alot. Thanks.

You might even get away with simply removing the intake snorkel into the OEM airbox and see what the difference is :)

• 2 months later...

Special edition fusion black magic looks nice

ford-fusion-black-magic-special-edition-launched-1.jpg

ford-fusion-black-magic-special-edition-launched-2.jpg

ford-fusion-black-magic-special-edition-launched-3.jpg

ford-fusion-black-magic-special-edition-launched-4.jpg

my fusion is sitting on full fiesta st150 suspension,rear disc axle fitted, tinted windows, original st rear spoiler, 09 headlights & rear lights "led indicator & reverse bulbs", mondeo st auto-dim mirror, 2010 titanium trim,dvd-freeview tv-bluetooth,double-din,satnav,reverse camera & front camera. took headlights apart & fitted drl's behind aswell. piccys of headlights with drls are in this post below.  just looking for a nice set of alloys now ;-) 

20161007_080218.jpg

That'd be like fitting go faster stripes to my Grannies wheelchair.

• Like 1

good grief , a fusion is exclusively a pensioners wagon lol.

it would be like trying to convert a honda jazz into a santa pod dragster  :-D

• 3 months later...

Joking aside, my front brakes are about shot so I'm fitting Black Diamond grooved and drilled discs, and Blackstuff pads.  Most MK6.5 Fiesta stuff seems to fit, including induction kits and 5 door roof spoilers.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine...

DSCN0114.jpg
DSCN0116.jpg
DSCN0115.jpg

Fusion.jpg

The original headlamps were cloudier than grandads cataracts, so were replaced with a nice clear mk1 set.

Next is black diamond drilled & grooved discs and EBC pads, 1" drop, boot spoiler, 20mm rear axle spacers, maybe some ST seats.

Pleasant...

Stripes.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mirrors and grille surround painted white...

Mirrors%20and%20Grille.jpg