Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning, Be carefull what you do with Focccus and Elmconfig

james_60

Hello Everyone

Simple Warning

Be carefull what you use Elmconfig and Focccus for.

If you enable a module not existing it will produce Warning lights and warning messages on your car and could even render your car bricked ie un driveable

I Enabled BLIS (BLINDSPOT INFORMATION SYSTEM)

I did not buy Blis when i got my car,

I can now not disable it,

I try to write to the ecu (config) and iam stuck with a warning light and error messages.

When i try to revert back it cuts out writing back to the ecu so now i have to face the embarrasment of going to the dealership for them to find out what i was doing

Jamie

• Like 1

I originally wanted to enable Automatic locking but curiosity got the better of me and i enabled blis lol

the instrument cluster now thinks it has blis, as does the cars ecu lol eeek

Jamie

Two lessons learned here. One, don't enable stuff that isn't on your car. Two RTFM before you even attempt to do anything.

There is a possible solution, and that is to get a copy of your ASBUILT data and restore that back to the car using Forscan.

• Like 2

As said there is no reason why you should not be able to unenable the option if you have enabled it. if it comes up with an error it's most likely something else causing it. As suggested have you tried downloading your as built data and writing that back as that would put it back to factory spec.

• Like 1

James, clearly you cant be trusted with Elmconfig and Focccus. I suggest for your cars sake you put the software on a pen drive, erase all traces of it from your laptop, pop the drive in a Jiffy bag along with the cable and send it to me!:whistling:

I will PM you my address.:laugh:

Doesn't sound right. It shouldn't straight up refuse to write. Sounds like a bit of coincidence and maybe the cables thrown a hissy fit. Or if it's a modded one you're definitely on the right speed canbus network right?

I can only think of 2 other options, either install BLINDSPOT INFORMATION SYSTEM through dealer, or try another modified cable.

• 6 months later...

im looking at enabling the ambient lighting on my focus zetec s not the multicolur one which needs a module just the single colour. i have the connectors in the footwell and have got hold of the leds and holders to go in the footwell spaces led says RED on it. I have focccus software and dont wish to screw anything up. So is my thinking correct that this is the right order.

1) read from BCM 

2) save file to hdd somewhere.

3) make change on the interior lighting selection to "with ambient"

4) write to BCM

5) change tab and select RESET ECU.

6) close down focccus 

7) load forscan check for any errors and clear them out.

is this correct? or can anyone add to this your help is appreciated.

lighting.jpg

31 minutes ago, vindi93 said:

im looking at enabling the ambient lighting on my focus zetec s not the multicolur one which needs a module just the single colour. i have the connectors in the footwell and have got hold of the leds and holders to go in the footwell spaces led says RED on it. I have focccus software and dont wish to screw anything up. So is my thinking correct that this is the right order.

1) read from BCM 

2) save file to hdd somewhere.

3) make change on the interior lighting selection to "with ambient"

4) write to BCM

5) change tab and select RESET ECU.

6) close down focccus 

7) load forscan check for any errors and clear them out.

is this correct? or can anyone add to this your help is appreciated.

lighting.jpg

It's the interior lighting - with ambient led you want.

Yeah i just want to check my process is correct?

Don't think you need the reset ECU bit for ambient lighting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Don't think you need the reset ECU bit for ambient lighting.

I would not reset the ecu.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club