Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunlight on heated windscreen

Trewithy

It may have been cold today but the sun was bright and low in the sky and it was lighting up the fine heating element embedded in the windscreen, it looked as if the screen was covered in dust – irritating.  Living in the far Southwest  frosts are a rarity and on my car the heated screen has never been used, so I wish Ford had the option of a clear screen.

I only notice my heated screen matrix when I'm wearing sunglasses.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Im too busy looking at the oncoming cars rather than my windscreen! :whistling:

• Like 2

Too right 😎

Sent from my SM-G930F

I think after a day or two of having a quickclear windscreen you start to see past the heating elements, I hardly notice them anymore.

• Like 3

same here wouldn't be without mine 2 minutes a sweep with the wiper and I'm on my way. sure beats scraping the ice with a credit card

• Like 1

I wished the whole windscreen had the heating elements in! Pee's me off that the far left & far right stay fwozen.

2 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

I wished the whole windscreen had the heating elements in! Pee's me off that the far left & far right stay fwozen.

I wish it was in the side windows too, they love to ice up good and proper.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, WES180 said:

Might wanna try driving on the correct side of the road then! :tongue: 

I can also 'see' the heating elements quite often, wouldn't say it bothers me that much though.  There's something oddly 'nice' about the Focus screen at night, I can't work out whether it's to do with the elements or the heat reflective coating, I doubt it's done on purpose, but everything seems very 'crisp' compared to every previous car I've owned. :unsure: 

Mine doesn't get used for ice all that often, but it's great for demisting pretty much every time I go out this time of year, it's literally 5 seconds and clear inside, unlike waiting 5 minutes for air con/heat to demist or put smears all over the screen with a chammy sponge of the 80s! :laugh: 

• Like 2

I wished that the heated screen connections weren't so badly designed so I could have both the left and right sides of the windscreen actually get warm rather than just the passenger side!

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Might wanna try driving on the correct side of the road then! :tongue: 

I was until i started looking at the elements!:laugh:

I love my heated windscreen and have had one for about 10 years. I admit that occasionally when then sun is on it at a certain angle it seems to cause a sort of gold glittery effect but I reckon it only happens to me about 5 times per year. It does impair my vision when it does that, but that's still a lot less risky (based on number of occasions)than vision impairment from ice on outside and mist on the inside which would be a lot more common, especially on a fiesta diesel which takes a long time to get hot air from the heater fan.

Only had my Fiesta for a couple of months but I can't see any problems with the windscreen heating elements. Yes, you can see them in certain lighting conditions if you focus on the screen but you should be looking way into the distance when you are driving so they should not be in focus. If you can see them when you are driving then you aren't looking far enough ahead.

• Like 1

I had a grand c max before my fiesta and had to have a new windscreen when mine cracked. The Autoglass replacement was not a genuine Ford part and the elements were definitely more noticeable.

I have had no issues with the genuine screens and barely notice the elements now.

Great when we start to get this frost on a morning,hit them all on and all nice and clear.

My old dash cam picked it up a while ago being far away from the window but this one i have now don't,i don't notice it at all.

• 3 years later...

I have just had a new screen fitted by Auto windscreens and driving into the sun is like wearing a stocking over your head as you can clearly see all the heating elements in the glass and its extremely off putting and in my opinion dangerous. It is definitely not a genuine jaguar part but a copy so im going back to my jaguar insurance company and they can come and replace it without question.

Wouldn't be without a heated screen now.   When the screen is iced up it only takes a couple of minutes to clear it without getting cold hands with a scraper.   Can't say that, occasionally in certain lights, being able to see the heating elements bothers me.

• Like 1

6f34a8d04005e48653d5fe0bf43b9cfa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club