Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key copy?

whoareyou

Hi,

Having had my Focus written-off :( a few weeks ago, i have just bought myself another 2001 1.8 Focus!

But have no manaul or spare key. Ford's want £75 +vat for labour alone and a keysmith wants £50 for a copy of just the key.

Any ideas were to get a copy of key from? Also a manual?

Cheers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-3-BUTTON-REMOTE...74#ht_500wt_975

then all you need is the coding sequence...someone here with Autodata can lead you the right way, or download it as atorrent for yourself, mines gone awol.

Its just a sequence with key in igntion, turn, press this button, wait, etc etc takes like 30secs

Piggy :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-3-BUTTON-REMOTE...74#ht_500wt_975

then all you need is the coding sequence...someone here with Autodata can lead you the right way, or download it as atorrent for yourself, mines gone awol.

Its just a sequence with key in igntion, turn, press this button, wait, etc etc takes like 30secs

Cheers.

I cant view eBay at moment as restricted at work :rolleyes:

Would i buy the key/fob then get a keysmith to cut 'that' key, then i would prog the fob?

I FOUND THIS ONLINE, NOT SURE IF ITS ANY HELP OR NOT... ITS IN REGARD TO AN 2005 FOCUS ZETEC.

all you need to do is re-code the remote fob , to do this follows these instructions

1. NOTE: A maximum of eight keyless entry remote transmitters can be programmed to the Passenger Junction Box (PJB). Programming must be done at the same time for all the transmitters.

* NOTE: To enter programming mode, first make sure that the vehicle battery

is fully charged and the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered (if equipped).

* NOTE: Make sure the turn signal indicators are in the OFF position.

Fasten the safety belts and close all doors to make sure conflicting chimes do not sound during programming.

2. NOTE: The ignition must be turned on four times during remote transmitter programming. Failure to follow this instruction may result in incorrect remote transmitter programming.

Turn the ignition switch from position I to position II four times within six seconds.

3. Turn the ignition switch to position I.

4. An audible chime will be heard when the PJB has entered the learning mode.

5. Press and hold one of the buttons on the remote transmitter until a chime sounds. This indicates a new transmitter code has been successfully received.

6. After each successful programming, another 10 second learning mode is automatically entered, up to a maximum of eight times.

7. To program additional transmitters, repeat step 5.

8. The system will leave the learning mode after the ignition switch is turned to either position II or III, or if no new transmitter is programmed during the 10 seconds, or if eight remote transmitters have been programmed.

9. NOTE: An incorrect programming procedure does not affect the stored codes.

After successful programming, only the new programmed transmitters will be accepted.

10. Test all the programmed transmitters, by activating and deactivating the locking/unlocking functions.

that looks good...me fob just stopped working one morning, and I found that similar thing for the mk7 festa on autodata, and it worked a treat!

Nice find dave!

Great, thanks for help.

Sorry to be a bit on stupid side, but i should then just get a key cut and buy a fob from eBay and then re-code the new remote fob?

Cheers

Thats fine for the central locking but it wont start the car. You need 2 keys already known to the car to put PATS into learning mode. The £50 one will clone the chip in your current key so the car will start. You own 2 keys car thinks they are both the same key.