Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK6 Engine Noises (Video Included)

ryansturgess1995

https://youtu.be/V9MOOi-W2ac

Hello All, 

My fiesta MK6 1.4 Petrol Zetec has two noises being made. Both can be heard in the video. These are:

- The tapping on the engine near the cambelt area 

- The high pitch whistle or buzzing near the battery area

The car itself seems to run fine, i do sometimes have struggles starting the vehicle and this will sound weird but when i start the car the car will turn over but will start about 2 seconds after. Its like there is a delay between the turnover and the engine starting. 

I have had new parts fitted to the car in the past. These are:

- Coil Pack

- Ignition Leads

- Spark Plugs

- Bosch S4 Battery 

- Water Pump 

- Drive Belt (Not Timing Belt)

- Rocker Cover Gasket

- Fuel Injectors

- Filters all round (Fuel, oil, Cabin, Air)

- oil ( Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W / 30 Fully Synthetic - Ford 913C Spec)

- Fuel (I use Esso 95 Octane Unleaded Petrol)

I am not sure if the car has had a timing belt change. The car is currently at 69k miles so wondering if its the tensioner breaking and the timing has slipped or something. Im not sure could someone advise me on what to do please. 

Also the coolant level dropped a lot over the last few days. Its around -7 where i live. I have no leaks that i can see. I have checked for a leaking headgasket but no signs are present of that so no idea where that could be going too either. 

Any help and advice is appreciated. 

Cheers Guys

Ryan

mine makes the exact same noise, and has done for months, no idea what it is

• Like 1

I read somewhere that there could be two issues. One is just the tappets being loud and the second is something to do with the timing belt tensioner. If someone could confirm this it would be a great help :)

Cheers All

Ryan

• 4 years later...

Just found this post, I have exactly the same noises from mine. 1.4 mk6. Funnily enough I've just had all these things done to it. Including clutch. Was wondering if you got round to fixing or knowing what it was. 

Also I have a very quiet rattle noise whilst accelerating. 

I presume you don't have the car anymore but any help would be great, because once again the Haynes can't help haha!

Ryan.

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2021 at 10:14 PM, Ryanl0l said:

Just found this post, I have exactly the same noises from mine. 1.4 mk6. Funnily enough I've just had all these things done to it. Including clutch. Was wondering if you got round to fixing or knowing what it was. 

Also I have a very quiet rattle noise whilst accelerating.

I presume you don't have the car anymore but any help would be great, because once again the Haynes can't help haha!

Ryan. 

@Ryan101 did you ever find out what the rattle was i have mine at low rpm going slow about 2000 rpm like a rattle can 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club