Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking to get the MK7

Wongy

hello guys am new to the forum. just trying to get some details on the car, i want the new zetec S in frostic white fo my 21st, i currently own an MK1 mazda MX5 thats going towards the scrappage scheme, i heard that paying through finance il end up paying back like £1500 extra..

just trying to see what kinda bargains you guys got with your Zetec S's been to the ford dealer but they had no zetec S on display.. he told me that the car was in a huge demand aswel <_<

anyways things like what to look for and prices would be very helpful! :)

the car am scrapping :(

Photo0609.jpg

Photo0613.jpg

thanks

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wongy

• Jonny87

• bILLOO

• KeithC

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can, try and get the bluetooth AND USB. It is so much more convenient. I regret not reading up properly when purchasing my car without USB. :(

My 1.25 Zetec cost around £8,600 with scrappage but that was about 5 months ago, before the THREE price hikes!

Yeah i want a fully loaded zetec S.. am 19 only reason we need to get the car now is because the scrappage deal ends in march so my mum is going to use the car until am 21 next, next april, long time to wait but long time to save for mods :) i have 8 points aswel which &#33;Removed&#33; suck when it comes to insurance under 21's!!! :( just hope the prices wont hike until then!

thought about the titanium model aswel, is that much more expensive than the zetec S? same engine + stlying pack but loads more features

yes get bluetooth , usb , heated windscreen, thats what i did in my zetec s and its hell of a laff to drive!!

Well the Titanium has more toys on it and the Zetec-S but you'd have to pay extra for the spoiler, street pack etc on the Titanium. Then again, you'd have to pay more if you wanted toys in the Zetec-S.

My Zetec-S cost 14k a few weeks ago before part-exchange and Ford £450 discount, hope that helps.

id rather get the titanium tbh it has alot more features than a bodykit over the ZETEC S and the kit is only £500 more! seems to make sense really.

14k is not bad, did you pay all upfront?

id rather get the titanium tbh it has alot more features than a bodykit over the ZETEC S and the kit is only £500 more! seems to make sense really.

14k is not bad, did you pay all upfront?

I paid 4k on pick up with 5k left to pay by December 2011 with no APR/interest added on.

You're right, it does make sense... although the chrome doesn't look as good on a white Fiesta than the black (IMHO). What features do you want on your Fez?

Yeah i want a fully loaded zetec S.. am 19 only reason we need to get the car now is because the scrappage deal ends in march so my mum is going to use the car until am 21 next, next april, long time to wait but long time to save for mods :) i have 8 points aswel which &#33;Removed&#33; suck when it comes to insurance under 21's!!! :( just hope the prices wont hike until then!

thought about the titanium model aswel, is that much more expensive than the zetec S? same engine + stlying pack but loads more features

8 points and you're 19? :ph34r: you hoodlum! Only messing fella B) , but by the time you're 21 am i right in saying most of your points will have expired therefore making insurance cheaper? Then again, some companies ask - "Any endorsable fixed penalties in the last 5 years?" 5! Ouch...

Let me guess: 3 points for mobile phone/not wearing seatbelt and 5 from an angry magistrate at the ## MPH you were caught doing?!

So sad that you're willing to scrap that lovely Mazda for a Fiesta. I know the new Fiesta is a nice car - but still think its evil to scrap that poor helpless Mazda for one.

8 points and you're 19? :ph34r: you hoodlum! Only messing fella B) , but by the time you're 21 am i right in saying most of your points will have expired therefore making insurance cheaper? Then again, some companies ask - "Any endorsable fixed penalties in the last 5 years?" 5! Ouch...

Let me guess: 3 points for mobile phone/not wearing seatbelt and 5 from an angry magistrate at the ## MPH you were caught doing?!

ha i know,.. i dont really know how the point system works tbh? and yeah they do aswel :\ its £1300 for insurance when am 21, i can pay because i work weekends and i have my student loan. and no the points were driving with no insurance :( I know it sounds daft i only took my sisters car home which was the next street because she decided to stay at out cousins and the car cant be kept without a permit so i took it back and bobbies came and snatched me up!

So sad that you're willing to scrap that lovely Mazda for a Fiesta. I know the new Fiesta is a nice car - but still think its evil to scrap that poor helpless Mazda for one.

yeah me too :( i love her to bits but it wasnt my idea to scrap it.. :( the price has gone down for an MK1 so bad this last year its depreciated by 2k!!!

I always use "drive the deal" to get a quote.

Although they are just the middle man, they do put you in touch with the dealership.

But what I do though is get a quote of them and see what dealerships can match, or even beat it local to me!

Examples I just done are:

1.6 3dr Zetec S with street pack = £ 12300

And

1.6 3dr Titanium with full dress up kit = £12200.

Plus you will have your scrappage to take into account, just add what ever other extras you wan't and get onto that phone or email to all your local dealers. Even a few national oneswouldn't go amiss!

I always use "drive the deal" to get a quote.

Although they are just the middle man, they do put you in touch with the dealership.

But what I do though is get a quote of them and see what dealerships can match, or even beat it local to me!

Examples I just done are:

1.6 3dr Zetec S with street pack = £ 12300

And

1.6 3dr Titanium with full dress up kit = £12200.

Plus you will have your scrappage to take into account, just add what ever other extras you wan't and get onto that phone or email to all your local dealers. Even a few national oneswouldn't go amiss!

id snap the titanium for that price!!! i looked on the ford website and it came to like 16k... are those prices they offered you? if so am deffo of to get one as soon as the mx5 is sorted with tax and MOT. i love the zetec s for its name and looks, but prefer the titanium for all its gadgets and zetec S kit :D

id snap the titanium for that price!!! i looked on the ford website and it came to like 16k... are those prices they offered you? if so am deffo of to get one as soon as the mx5 is sorted with tax and MOT. i love the zetec s for its name and looks, but prefer the titanium for all its gadgets and zetec S kit :D

I don't think I know anyone who has paid the prices on the Ford website!

Those prices quoted are for everyone, just do a google on "drive the deal"....

I paid £10930 for my 59 ZS in White with street pack on Tuesday, but I got a £1000 off that cos I work for Ford ;)

Personally i would still rather have the zetec s as it is now more exclusive than the titanium ;) and you can get the sport seats / suspension if you like that kind of thing

i suppose hmm yeah its abit rediculous paying that much lol just gettin an idea of how much, so i reckon i could get it for 10k if am lucky :)

well i wont mind the sport seats but am thinking of the usual mods of lowering if i get it anyway ;)

I not a fan of the MX5...girls car for me...but it looks like a nice example you have...surely you get better money selling private than scrappage?!?!?

Piggy :)

Personally i would still rather have the zetec s as it is now more exclusive than the titanium ;) and you can get the sport seats / suspension if you like that kind of thing

I love my Titanium and I think that people would be far better off getting a titanium with a body kit (if they wanted it) and lowering on Eibach springs, rather than getting a ZS that just has standard ford springs. You get so much more with the titanium and plus it has the same engine so all the mountune stuff is still an option

Deal drivers / drive the deal etc etc have haggled the price down as far as it can go, I dont think you have much chance in getting another 2k scrappage discount on top. Dont forget only 1k comes from HMG, the other grand is split 600/400 between ford and the dealership (I forget which way around it is). I can remember asking my salesman about it and he said that people getting the scrappage on new cars aint exactly likely to be getting much more of a discount.

The Zetec-S name is a girl magnet... IMHO the Titanium is just a Fiesta trying to be a Mondeo.

Girl Magnet... WTF!! You're welcome to them mate! Its those kind of bints I don't want to attract!

Also, last time I looked the Mondeo wasn't available as a 3-door hatch :lol::lol:

Maybe you should lay off "the white stuff" bILLOO, then maybe you see things a bit more clearly B)

Girl Magnet... WTF!! You're welcome to them mate! Its those kind of bints I don't want to attract!

Also, last time I looked the Mondeo wasn't available as a 3-door hatch :lol::lol:

Maybe you should lay off "the white stuff" bILLOO, then maybe you see things a bit more clearly B)

What? You don't want to attract the girls? :lol:

Seriously though, it's all down to taste. Am not saying that Titaniums are awful (for starters that would make half this forum hate me :P), but if I had bought a Titanium in white and added the sport/street pack onto it, I still wouldn't have been happy with it. Strange innit!

The Zetec-S name is a girl magnet... IMHO the Titanium is just a Fiesta trying to be a Mondeo.

Haha couldnt have put it better myself :lol:

The zetec s is more hardcore, its all about the driving experience, who needs the gadgets LOL

What? You don't want to attract the girls? :lol:

Seriously though, it's all down to taste. Am not saying that Titaniums are awful (for starters that would make half this forum hate me :P), but if I had bought a Titanium in white and added the sport/street pack onto it, I still wouldn't have been happy with it. Strange innit!

Mate, if I needed to glue a plastic "S" onto my car boot to attract girls then I would be in serious trouble.

Maybe thats the difference between me an you though eh? ;)

Can you clarify that the titanium hasnt got a spoiler? Only when I enter my VIN number on the ford etis website, it says it has a spoiler? I have ordered a Titanium.

Can you clarify that the titanium hasnt got a spoiler? Only when I enter my VIN number on the ford etis website, it says it has a spoiler? I have ordered a Titanium.

They've all got spoilers, but the Zetec-S comes with a sporty/larger one. ;)

Titanium definitely has no spoiler. I have a Titanium and it did not come with a spoiler. However as the spoiler was the only part of the "body-kit" that I liked I ordered it seperately from the dealer and it was sprayed and fitted before collection. Its a really nice bit of kit and really does look very good

I just checked my car on etis again and I cant see any mention of spoilers at all, neither being with or without spoiler. Where abouts in your spec list does it mention the spoiler?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club