Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12V Socket Focus MK3

Aaron Harris

Hi has anyone fitted a 12V socket in the boot of a focus MK3? 

No but I have tried to use my battery optimiser thru the 12v sockets and they stop working after a few minutes it must shut the sockets down after a short while stopping me optimising my battery ----any ideas [emoji362]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Big stu said:

No but I have tried to use my battery optimiser thru the 12v sockets and they stop working after a few minutes it must shut the sockets down after a short while stopping me optimising my battery ----any ideas emoji362.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you checked the fuse for the socket? 

Some time ago I installed a 12 Volt socket in the boot of my 2013 Focus MK3 hatchback.

DSC04122_zpso4dndhmf.jpg

DSC04121_zpsdaiu0txp.jpg

DSC04123_zpsduznvh36.jpg

DSC04125_zpsesfxgnn0.jpg

I connected the 12 Volt socket to the fuse box in the boot. This fuse box should have at least a few empty positions which can be used to connect additional equipment.

DSC04124_zps0i5wovzk.jpg

Pal%20fuse_zpszblgep6n.jpg

My 12 Volt socket is connected exacly the same way as the 12 Volt socket of the Focus MK3 wagon (which has a 12 Volt socket as standard). The 12 Volt socket in the boot has a permanent 12 Volt power supply. All other 12 Voilt sockets in the car have a switched 12 Volt power supply (only 12 Volt if the CANbus system is active).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Some time ago I installed a 12 Volt socket in the boot of my 2013 Focus MK3 hatchback.

DSC04122_zpso4dndhmf.jpg

DSC04121_zpsdaiu0txp.jpg

DSC04123_zpsduznvh36.jpg

DSC04125_zpsesfxgnn0.jpg

I connected the 12 Volt socket to the fuse box in the boot. This fuse box should have at least a few empty positions which can be used to connect additional equipment.

DSC04124_zps0i5wovzk.jpg

Pal%20fuse_zpszblgep6n.jpg

My 12 Volt socket is connected exacly the same way as the 12 Volt socket of the Focus MK3 wagon (which has a 12 Volt socket as standard). The 12 Volt socket in the boot has a permanent 12 Volt power supply. All other 12 Voilt sockets in the car have a switched 12 Volt power supply (only 12 Volt if the CANbus system is active).

Great just learnt something new didn't know there was a fuse box in the boot as well. Thanks for your help. 

Most Focus MK3 versions have the fuse box in the boot.

Only low spec versions which do not have any options that require the rear fuse box do not have this fuse box.

Ok I will have a look in the week. Got a Zetec so hopefully there is a fuse box. Got parking sensors so they might be taken off that fingers crossed my life so much easier. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club