Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo won't start after accident

Ozy32

I got a 2015 mondeo 2.0 diesel automatic. The car had accident. After airbags and the airbag module changed I tried to start but the engine is not cranking. All fuses  are ok also new battery. When press the starting switch the sound is like "tac" . I succeed in starting it giving power straight to the starter motor but when I put in drive "D" the car is not moving and the dashboard still shows"P". Somebody can help me, please! Thanks in advance!

Probably tripped a kill switch that engages in an accident to stop the engine or fuel pump.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I think the kill switches are only on the petrol not diesel cars

If it's like the mk3.5 Focus there is info in the dash menu on how to restart the engine after an accident.
May be worth looking through the menu.
Should have info in the owners handbook too.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• 2 years later...

Hi

I have the same problem, bought a write off with airbags gone, exactly same problem, same auto mk5 diesel automatic, did you manage to sort this problem?

any help appreciated.

Thanks

Are the mk5 the same as the mk4 where there is a flag set in the ECU to say there has been a crash and airbags deployed?

I know IDS will reset it on the mk4 but I don't know if Forscan can also do it if the mk5 is the same of course.

The airbag module does need to be cleared same as mk4 but usually they still start without having it cleared, could it be the brake pedal switch?

its an auto and brake lights always stay on, if i unplug the switch it does nothing when trying to start, with the pedal switch plugged in it just makes 1 click from the starter motor, i just want to see the car started before spending money on it.

Thanks

• 5 years later...

Did you manage to sort this ? I have the same problem could use some help thanks 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club