Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Garage issues

E7hty

Hi guys just joined and getting my new ST-3 a week tomorrow but I have a concern. This may sound a little crazy and maybe a bit stupid but because I've spent a lot of money on extras including the paint I was wondering if anyone near me can help me out.

The garage attached to our house is on a slope and the issue is clearing the very top when it levels off to flat. Now the slope is very steep and I know the ST is lowered 15ml all round ? 

I was was wondering if anyone with an ST regardless of model could perhaps come down my way to test this theory out if they know and are comfortable knowing that it would make it without scraping. I know being new here is asking a lot but I'm a little concerned because of the amount I've spent on it. I also know I'm being a bit paranoid but I'd like peace of mind knowing that there's no issues.

if anyone can help me out I'd very much appreciate it. I also realise it's a lot to ask of anyone and if I understand and feel reluctant to see/ try this for myself but I can only ask.

Any response is much appreciated !

Thank you ! 

Get someone to watch you parking and warn you if you're going to scrape something

Ask for another test drive in their demo ST...take it home and see what happens lol... :wink: 

15mm is barely anything though, if you're saying you've got a 'normal' Fiesta that doesn't scrape, it'll probably be fine.  At worst it'll be a little scuff under the side skirts where no-one will see anyway?

• Like 2

Yeah I've messaged the dealer and the boy said he needs to see his gaffer because the two demos they use are actually for sale and he's concerned about putting on miles to get here and back (15 miles all in there and back) 

My old EP3 type r scrapped a little not much and my 350Z I didn't even attempt. I'm a jap lover at heart but fancied a change and here we are ! 

The issue I have is that I've spent so much money on it and I'd rather not put it in if its going to scrape a lil but I'd rather have peace of mind. A regular car clears easily and like you said shouldn't be a problem but it's just me trying to cover all bases

• Like 2

This is what the incline looks like. The first one is the most accurate one as soon as it hits the garage door it levels off flat

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

Reverse it in, that usually works ok.

Yeah but then the  clutch starts to burn a lil a more in my experience. Do we think the TT is lower than the ST ? Apparently the ST from 2012 - present is 6in above ground whereas the TT is 4.5. Anyone k ow if this is true or not ? 

Gee that is really steep, forget the  Ford St and Audi TT buy a land rover :tongue:

The EP3 type r made it in with a faint nose underneath all be it they're low as it is. I'm going to use the TT as a tester later hopefully 

E7hty see if you could get hold of some old conveyor belt to lay across the ridge. That way, if it does scrape it would only cause minimal abrasion to the under side.

I do think it'll go in without many issues but I'd like to make sure. I do believe the TT is a good starting point because it does seem lower apparently by 1.5in. There's a boy in the housing estate across the road that has a 14reg one. May ask him what his thoughts are but it's a little embarrassing asking something like that haha

The TT is actually around 6in on the sides (lowest point) which is a little surprising. Hopefully the boy at the dealership gets approval to test my theory out 

Can someone perhaps measure their ST at the lowest points in inches and get back to me with the sizes ? I'm guessing it'll be the sides that are the lowest ? 

Front end of the side skirt is roughly 6" the rear end of the skirt is 7.5" if the TT goes in the garage ok the ST should, it's smaller wheelbase might help when cresting the top of the ramp.

Cheers buddy much appreciated. Unfortunately I can't get he TT in because  it's my aunties and she's away now. Couldn't do it earlier because she had the keys. Hoping the dealer helps me out a little. Yeah the top when it levels off is the problem. Thanks again buddy !

It's strange because I had an Aygo and that went in the garage no bother and that  is apparently lower on ground clearance:

ST: 6

Ep3 type r: 5.5

Aygo: 4.8 

The Aygo got in no bother but ep3 scuffed (not 100% sure though) 

These figures are from auto revolution website 

Reworking the drive up to your garage with a bit of cement won't cost that much? A couple of strategically placed bumps might be enough to lift it over the worst bit of the drive up... Small bag of sharp sand and cement won't cost more than a few quid?

I'm living at home the now buddy. Dad had planned to level the garage off a few year back but hasn't really caught his interest again. I'm hoping the boy at Evans Halshaw gets back to me on bringing the demo which is for sale down to mine to test this theory out. If not the boy across the street has a 14 Reg one which I'm guessing is around the same height as the 66 reg. I may ask him for his opinion we'll see

The garage aren't willing to let their motor come to me so I'm not left with an awful lot of options. Hopefully see what I can do soon

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club