Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missing Air Cleaner Pipe? Fiesta 03 finesse

Davek1995

Hello all,

I've recently passed my driving test and got a Fiesta finesse which was registered in 03

I noticed about a week after buying it that a pipe is missing. I took it back to the dealer and they said that was how the car came to them and that It doesn't need the pipe.

I'd rather have the pipe so I have been looking online for the part, but I can't find it anywhere..

I have attached some images. The manual says it goes to the air cleaner.

Anyone got any ideas?

20161211_132328_Ink_LI.jpg

20161211_132333.jpg

20161211_132337.jpg

20161211_135317.jpg

Yep the air inlet pipe is deffo not there. I'm sure if you bought this from a dealer that they should put a pipe on it wether or not it had one when they got it as it should be there anyway. It will run fine no problem without the pipe but that's not the point it is part of your car .For example they cannot say that a car with three wheels is  O.K as that's how it came to them  and is ok for sale, same thing here. If they wount play ball try a scrap yard .Best thing is go give the dealer some well earned ear ache.

• Like 1

I don't think that's the right pipe.   It should have two studs sticking out at the side at one end

Pop into you local Ford dealership parts department with your pic. They will be able to get it up on the computer and give you the correct part number. Either buy it from them if its cheap enough or take the part number and look online. You need it because its the cold air feed for your air filter, without it the car is sucking in all the hot air from the engine bay and it will not perform as well as it should.

• Like 1

The snorkel intake into most airboxes are usually a restriction as the engine is sucking through a straw - enjoy the extra throttle response without the hose!

Until you replace the pipe you are driving the engine without an air filter.

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

How? The pipe is a cold air feed to the air filter inlet side. The engine is still sucking air through the filter albeit warmer air from the engine bay rather than colder air from the front grille area.

4 hours ago, Bobr said:

The airfilter on that model of engine is housed inside the massive engine cover on top of the engine.

As above, it won't actually matter.  They seem to break a lot so quite a few are missing these days.  I doubt you'd notice any real world difference on a 1.25 tbh, just a bit more induction noise lol.

• Like 1

That looks like the one. Shame you cant get just the actual pipe as thats all thats missing on yours. Doesnt matter though if the garage is paying for it. You might want to tell them how much it is first though! Dont forget to add the VAT and delivery charge too.

Have you tried a breakers yard lot cheaper:smile:

11 hours ago, Davek1995 said:

That part you have listed is the right one. I had to replace mine on my fiesta. You can pick them up from a scrap yard pretty cheap although the end part that is flat has a tendency to break. You can find them on fiesta's or mazda 2's around the same year.

8056.jpg

2 hours ago, dezwez said:

Have you tried a breakers yard lot cheaper:smile:

The garage he bought the car from is paying for it so i would get a brand new one.

• Like 1

All fixed!

Thanks everyone for all your help. The car seems to be a bit quieter now and I'm less worried that it'll explode! :laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Explode!?  It's a Fiesta, not a Corsa. :wink:

Ha ha!!  True...