Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry

Col66

Having some bother with my keyless entry. Works ok on the passenger side but I can't open driver's door without using the key fob. I can lock the driver's side though by touching the pad on the door handle. Any way of getting it to work or do I have to live with it?

Is the car still under warranty or just outside of it? Might be worth giving Ford a try and twisting their arm. Sounds potentially like a new door handle will be required.

The car is coming upto 4 years old. I have a 3 month used car warranty which I am going to try and use to cover it.

20 hours ago, Col66 said:

The car is coming upto 4 years old. I have a 3 month used car warranty which I am going to try and use to cover it.

Have you only just purchased the car?

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/your-rights-if-something-is-wrong-with-your-car

Started working again today, just as I had booked the car in at the dealers on Friday.

I had exactly the same problem with my keyless entry two weeks ago, and then last weekend it started to work again. Two weeks ago two things happened that may have caused it. One was that I went to a Christmas party and the room where we had the meal was in range of the car, and I kept sitting on my keys as they were in my back pocket. I went out to the car to find all the windows down, so must have activated the global window opening. It had also switched over to only opening the drivers door when using the keyfob. I reset this back to opening all doors, but the drivers door still wouldn't open by sensing my hand on the door handle. I thought that a long continuous pressing of the buttons may have affected the keyless system. The other possible cause was that, with the salt that they've laid on the roads recently, my car got absolutely black and I thought that maybe this affected the sensor. Last weekend it poured with rain and it started working again!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club