Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Focus Key Problem

OmarAli98_

Hello all, 

I've been scowing the internet trying to look for an answer with no joy so have taken to this forum, this is my first post so thank you in advance.

the problem I'm having is the remote key fob. since I've bough the car the key for hasn't been working and now owning it for a good 6 months cant deal with that annoying horn being set off every time you open a door when unlocking with the manual key, I've since then had the remote fixed and tested to see if signals was being sent out (which they now are) and was directed to program the central locking. so following the guide of turning the key back and fow till the chime then pressing the button etc etc still no joy. when pressing the button (this is where the car is supposed to register the key and lock the doors) it just makes a chime noise but doesn't want to do anything else... manual locking with the key from the outside and also the inside from the door handles look all the doors. can someone please help...

again thank you in advance.

Have you tried pressing/holding the button longer when you get the chime?
You should get another chime when the key is saved.
If you're having major problems it may be worth paying an Auto Locksmith a few quid to add the keys via the OBD port using an IDS module.

Sent from my SM-G930F

@Stoney871 Thank you for the reply, I've only pressed it till the chime, ill give it a longer hold  in the morning, really hoping it will do the trick.

if not it looks like I'm going to be looking for an Auto Locksmiths...

• Like 1

Where are you based mate? I have all the kit to program keys etc, just done myself a flip one last week

@Stoney871 I gave it a good long press with no joy, I've phoned around and someone is going to have a little look tomorrow... Really hoping it's not going to be too expensive

@Flibbib really appreciate the thought though. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club