Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where to get a complete gear gator including the plastic bobbins?

3ll

Hey guys, 

I have recently picked up my 2005 Focus Estate and the gear gator is damaged, from what I can see there is some sort of plastic clip that goes around the base of the leather sleeve and this then clips the sleeve into the plastic housing on the base.

The previous owner appears to have tried to repair this with staples! This is the bit im struggling with, I can find loads of eBay sellers who are selling just the leather sleeve part, but what I need is the leather sleeve with the fittings that I can then clip into place on the base. 

Anyone have any ideas where I can get these?? 

Cheers, 

Ell.

Capture.JPG

The original gaitor is stapled to the black plastic ring from factory.
The lift reverse gaitors are harder to source than the non-lift model but should still be some on eBay etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Is the black plastic ring still in one piece, if so will it not clip back into the chrome piece?

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Is the black plastic ring still in one piece, if so will it not clip back into the chrome piece?

Sent from my SM-G930F

This ^

If that doesn't work try the usual places  - online auction sites etc.

I had to replace one on my MK3 recently and that's where I got it from.

http://www.parts.loc8apart.co.uk/nav/auto-part/Ford/Focus/Handbrake-and-Gearstick-Gaiters.php

Not sure what the rules on links are (still a newbie :-)) but the above might help you if you need to replace it.

19 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Sent from my SM-G930F

It has some black plastic at the base of the sleeve below where th staples are but its broken into about 5 bits and i can't get it to clip back in :( 

13 hours ago, JIMMWX said:

This ^

If that doesn't work try the usual places  - online auction sites etc.

I had to replace one on my MK3 recently and that's where I got it from.

http://www.parts.loc8apart.co.uk/nav/auto-part/Ford/Focus/Handbrake-and-Gearstick-Gaiters.php

Not sure what the rules on links are (still a newbie :-)) but the above might help you if you need to replace it.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look. Im finding it a real nightmare trying to find one tbh! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club