Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta without full service?

Donkey388

Hi all (apologies for the stupid question, I'm new to buying cars and would love your expert advice :) ) 

im looking at buying a used (64 plate - registered in Nov) Fiesta from Evan Halshaw ... it's done 12,000 miles and it had not been serviced 

EH are going to do a full service on it, however, given that it's gone 2 years without a service, is there likely to be any issues? (Other than resale) 

i could get get an equivalent car with a full service history for approx £800 more 

(it's the ztec 1.25 (82ps) engine)

Well, that'll be the warranty out of the window if it's still in that period.

Yeah it would have had a 11 month warranty - but I'm wondering if i should use the money I save from a car not having a FSH To self fund any potential repairs 

See if you can beat the other car down on its price your the buyer:smile:

Out of interest how much is it? Last month I bought a 65 plate Fiesta 1.25 Zetec 5dr with 6000 miles on it for my wife for £8000, with FFSH (1service). Bought from a Ford main dealer.

You will get a better deal near the end of the month too as long as you can collect it that month due to them hitting targets. Sometimes they (Ford main dealers) need another unit sold so will blow a car out with minimal profit to get the deal to meet their actual unit (cars) target as well as the financial profit. Othertimes they might only be a couple of hundred pounds off their financial target so same again. Sounds daft doesnt it but seen it happen many times during my years as a Ford main dealer used car salesman.

• Like 1

Interesting, which dealer did you used to work for Wes? It's currently on sale for £6500 (5 door)

• Like 1

Why don't you try for the 1ltr Ecoboost - its a much better engine

1 hour ago, Donkey388 said:

Interesting, which dealer did you used to work for Wes? It's currently on sale for £6500 (5 door)

Polar Ford, now Trust Ford.

Ive just had a quick look on eBay (garages only) and that looks well priced to be fair for a 2014/64. With regards to warranty the manufacturer warranty should still stand with part or no service history but would now only cover items that are not affected by servicing. That rules your engine out. Have you tried finding out if the car has been serviced by the original supplying dealer and the book has just not been stamped? Other option is to get Evans Halshaw to cover it under their warranty included in the price. 

30 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

Why don't you try for the 1ltr Ecoboost - its a much better engine

If my wife was doing more than the 2000-3000 miles a year that she does then that would have been my choice too. Wasnt worth paying the extra at the time for it though for us.

On 14/12/2016 at 0:42 PM, Donkey388 said:

Hi all (apologies for the stupid question, I'm new to buying cars and would love your expert advice :) ) 

im looking at buying a used (64 plate - registered in Nov) Fiesta from Evan Halshaw ... it's done 12,000 miles and it had not been serviced 

EH are going to do a full service on it, however, given that it's gone 2 years without a service, is there likely to be any issues? (Other than resale) 

i could get get an equivalent car with a full service history for approx £800 more 

(it's the ztec 1.25 (82ps) engine)

Aint the warranty just for the keeper who had it from new,might be wrong,these days i don't think it will make a lot of change for the resale price.

So you got the car now or looking,i do around 2k a year but if i did change the Ecoboost 125ps would be my choice,i have the 1.6 titanium 2011.

Also get last keeper who had it new and see if he had it serviced at a friends garage or non ford dealer,its a must for me to trace the history of my new car.

Worth a try.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2016 at 10:41 AM, jace1969 said:

Aint the warranty just for the keeper who had it from new,might be wrong,these days i don't think it will make a lot of change for the resale price.

So you got the car now or looking,i do around 2k a year but if i did change the Ecoboost 125ps would be my choice,i have the 1.6 titanium 2011.

Also get last keeper who had it new and see if he had it serviced at a friends garage or non ford dealer,its a must for me to trace the history of my new car.

Worth a try.

Nah warranty is on the car not the keeper

On 18/12/2016 at 9:45 PM, jbell said:

Nah warranty is on the car not the keeper

Thats good to know.

If it was serviced at a Ford main dealer you may well find out that they don't stamp the book unless asked. The record is kept on their computor system.

it wouldn't stop me buying it. if it had done high mileage without service I might think different due to engine wear from no oil change but 12000 is still below the mileage for an oil change. if not serviced the Ford warranty is void but you still have some protection from sales of goods act/consumer protection legislation (whatever it is that applies - not sure of exact names)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, isetta said:

it wouldn't stop me buying it. if it had done high mileage without service I might think different due to engine wear from no oil change but 12000 is still below the mileage for an oil change. if not serviced the Ford warranty is void but you still have some protection from sales of goods act/consumer protection legislation (whatever it is that applies - not sure of exact names)

Thought it was something like this,No ford service so the ford warranty is void,so that is most things like engine and all service parts what are checked.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club