Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exterior window rubber seals

Dave1981

Just noticed both front door window seals on my mk2.5 r showing signs of mould and the rubber is starting to break up. I believe the correct name is the exterior cantrails? Could be wrong though. 

Anyway anyone got any idea how I can remove the mould without resorting to replacing the entire rubber seal but if I have too how much of a job is it to swap them out? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave1981 said:

Just noticed both front door window seals on my mk2.5 r showing signs of mould and the rubber is starting to break up. I believe the correct name is the exterior cantrails? Could be wrong though. 

Anyway anyone got any idea how I can remove the mould without resorting to replacing the entire rubber seal but if I have too how much of a job is it to swap them out? 

Ford only give 12 months warranty on all rubber parts, 

It's the frost on the window tares the rubber when opened aswell.

my guide to fitting puddle lights will help show how to remove the rubber door sill strips, 

It's also worth cleaning out the drain holes in bottom of the doors with some WD40 while there, anyway here's the guide: Guide to fitting Ford puddle lights Focus 05-12 Click Here 

Image1069.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club