Do Not Sell My Personal Information

hid conversion kit for the mark 7

CharltonBoy

i want to get hid conversion kit fitted into my car but i dont no whats the best one and what is compatible for my car.

Are you going to add the motors and suspension sensors for auto leveling and headlamp washers too?

If not, just forget it.

i want to get hid conversion kit fitted into my car but i dont no whats the best one and what is compatible for my car.

HID threads can get very "testy" around the legality of retro fit HID conversions. The law states they can only be fitted to vehicles with self levelling headlights, headlamp washers, and projector headlamp reflectors. There again you could say b@ll@ks to all that, they are only fifty quid on eBay, I'm having em.

Fair enough, but beware if your conversion does not comply with all those requirements. The other party to an accident cites your lights as being responsible for him crashing into you. And his insurance companies inspecting engineer confirms your car has illegally fitted HID's. Your insurance company could walk away from the claim, citing your failure to comply with their terms and conditions. Leaving you libel for any and all claims....possibly running into tens of thousands of pounds.

See this thread on the Volvo forum, if you like entertaining reads.

But if your looking for the short and definitive answer regarding the legality of retro fit HID kits

Then read this website

My intention is not to pee on anybodies parade, I'm just saying your should go into HID conversions knowing fully where you stand in regards to the law and possible financial liabilities.

Whats a mark 7 focus look like???

I was wondering that myself but didnt want to detract from the topic in hand.

Just get better standard bulbs...just not worth the arguments, hassle and the fact that even before you drive away from your home your car is already illegal.

The cops love easy catches!! :)

Do you think your lights are rubbish, or are you just wanting to bling your motor ?

If it's the former, then you want to try driving on dipped beams in a new shape Volvo S40, they are total crap, full beam no problems.

As InstructorPiggy says, just get better bulbs if that is the case.

Me I have no problem with the Focus beam setup. And it was going from a Focus to a Volvo S40 that made me realise the Volvo set up was pants. I sorted it by replacing my dipped beam OEM bulbs with Phillips X-Treme H7 55W. And then adjusted the beam to just below the upper limits on a MOT light testing rig.....job sorted.

Bought em off eBay, £25 delivered.

HID threads can get very "testy" around the legality of retro fit HID conversions. The law states they can only be fitted to vehicles with self levelling headlights, headlamp washers, and projector headlamp reflectors. There again you could say b@ll@ks to all that, they are only fifty quid on Ebay, I'm having em.

Fair enough, but beware if your conversion does not comply with all those requirements. The other party to an accident cites your lights as being responsible for him crashing into you. And his insurance companies inspecting engineer confirms your car has illegally fitted HID's. Your insurance company could walk away from the claim, citing your failure to comply with their terms and conditions. Leaving you libel for any and all claims....possibly running into tens of thousands of pounds.

See this thread on the Volvo forum, if you like entertaining reads.

But if your looking for the short and definitive answer regarding the legality of retro fit HID kits

Then read this website

My intention is not to pee on anybodies parade, I'm just saying your should go into HID conversions knowing fully where you stand in regards to the law and possible financial liabilities.

ok cheers mate this has kind off put me off buying hid now proberly will just consider buying beter bulbs.

ok cheers mate this has kind off put me off buying hid now proberly will just consider buying beter bulbs.

ah well CharltonBoy, that said look what I just found you over on the Volvo forum [i can not rate the Volvo forum highly enough, I don't think I'm breaking any rules here saying that]

HERE is the thread that links to those lamps. Apparently one poster has tried all the none HID substitutes, and those ones he rates as being the best, worth a try I would think. Remember I paid £25 for the Phillips X-Treme, if you try em let us know how you go one.

catch

ah well CharltonBoy, that said look what I just found you over on the Volvo forum [i can not rate the Volvo forum highly enough, I don't think I'm breaking any rules here saying that]

HERE is the thread that links to those lamps. Apparently one poster has tried all the none HID substitutes, and those ones he rates as being the best, worth a try I would think. Remember I paid £25 for the Phillips X-Treme, if you try em let us know how you go one.

catch

ok mate will let you not but before that will these fit my car?

ok mate will let you not but before that will these fit my car?

My Focus, the H1 55watt are the Main Beam, and the H7 55watt are the Dipped Beam bulbs. The H7 where the dipped beam in my Volvo S40. I reckon yours will be the same.

But to be 100% certain, check your "owners guide" under "bulb replacement" found in the index of the guide.

In another thread, the poster who recommended them posted a couple of pictures as requested by another interested poster, and they certainly looked nice and bright. And he said for £13 odd delivered, he considered them a good buy.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club