Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk V Cabin Noise/Upgrade

LivBytheFord,DrvbytheFord

Hi All,

I've had a Ford Fiesta Mark VI Finesse (2004 model) for about 3 years. First car, just needed something quickly.  Took it to the garage recently, and the staff commented "That's a really lovely car" which I didn't really understand as i consider it basic....but he said it runs well for it's age and I see his point, a really nice drive and hasn't let me down yet.  However, I've started to do a fair bit of motorway driving regularly and I find the cabin too noisy on longer journeys (I've got tinnitus already from numerous concerts/loud music over the years and it makes it worse) so I'm seeking to make the cabin noise quieter. Will garage staff dampen the insides/doors etc if I buy the materials for it? Don't really want to go messing with the interiors and taking doors apart etc, as don't know what I'm doing really and don't want to mess it up.

Also, how do the new fiestas/focuses fair on cabin noise compared to the Mk V's?  I am considering upgrading.  I cannot really afford a nice quiet bmw, vw or audi at the moment as saving for a mortgage, so my upgrade will probably be modest by newer models, though I'm happy to hear from anyone regarding what is quieter to drive and any next car upgrade recommendations?

Wheels are 14", non-alloy, and tyres are Hankook Eco Kinergy, they seemed to fair quite well on road noise, but it's noisy all the same.

Thanks a lot for the help!

G

Hello and welcome Geralt

I have a mk 5 fiesta LX 1.25 Fantastic little car. Yes on motor ways it is noisy. I have Continental eco tyres which are good and average noise wise. On eBay there are plently listings for sound proofing materials, and relatively cheap to buy.

Like the stick on foam that's about 10 mm thick is good as you can easy cut to shape for the doors. Under bonnet you want something thicker to absorb noise like the felt type around 20mm thick but needs to be fire proof. Then the boot area needs some love too. so a mixture of both of the above would help.

I have a new focus Tit 1.5 TDCI and that is very quite on motorways and long runs.

Thanks Joss, sorry it seems i have the Mark VI not V. IT's still an old car, but reliable. Do I need to worry about the suspension coils going on the 2004 Ford Fiesta models? I read it is a common problem.

I do like the look of new ford fiesta and focus. The new focus might be my upgrade, I'd prefer a VW Golf, but I'll have to compromise on that for now.

Thanks for the tips, i'll look into it.

Cheers,

Geralt

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club