Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ford sync Mobile

tealeafuk

Hello everyone got a small problem with my sync when I'm using speech commands to use mobile phone I say phone Keith for example and comes back multiple phones numbers found so I got to pick out the number I want, problem being the sync thinks both numbers are a mobile phones number. So I guess my questions is how can you change the numbers from mobile to home? so you can say, phone Keith home, phone Keith mobile, for example. hope that makes some sense lol look forward to your comments :)

This will depend on your phone.

Most modern phones allow you to set the type of number in your contacts,

• Like 1

hi alex thanks for your reply yes I thought it was to do with that I got a Samsung galaxy s6 I set them up in my phone as home and mobile but it seems to still think both numbers are mobiles? side line lucky sod living in dorset love to live there amazing place :)

Are they within the same contact?

And yes lovely place, proud to be born and raised in Dorset. It was something I wanted to make sure that I stayed in Dorset when I moved out. Only just managed it, I'm right near the border with Hampshire, even my landline connects to a Hampshire exchange, lol.

yes they are the same contact.

don't blame ya I understand how hard it must of been to stay round there talking lots of money, if I win lotto I'm there. I came down to Waymouth summer of 2013 loved it such a beautiful part of the uk. me being from the north, north Lancashire (Morecambe) I finally understand why souther's say its grim up north :)     

Sounds like it needs to re-download your phonebook with the updated information. Might be worth just re-pairing the phone to the car.

d j andy your very helpful thank you again for your help :) I will do that

• Like 1

Have you got them listed separate in your phone as Keith Mobile and Keith Home rather than both numbers on the same contact - Keith? Thats how i have mine so i can just say "Call Keith Home" (wouldnt work for me though as i dont know a Keith!:laugh:).

yes same contact you click on keith and both numbers there under mobile and home. Got a new problem now figured it out wasn't the car it was how it was set up in my phone so fixed that. Thought now we are getting somewhere repaired it with my car re downloaded phone book. Now it shows I got 3 phones numbers, home number under mobile, mobile under mobile and home under home lol something not quiet right here lol

Certainly sounds more like an issue with the contact on the phone rather than the car now. Write the numbers on paper, and then delete the contacts and make new ones and see what happens. I have found if you put an emoji into the name that causes the car to create a duplicate to be fair.

Emoji do you mean a picture with the contact?

sorted it seems having contacts both on your device and sim card even though you tell your phone just to show the contacts on your device muck it up  how. once I got rid of all contacts except for ones on your device sorts the problem. thank you all for your help.

22 hours ago, tealeafuk said:

Emoji do you mean a picture with the contact?

Them smiley things all those kids are using for every other word on Facebook basically ;). I get two names pop up as a result. One with a square at the end and one without!