Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi! newbie!

deniseb90

Hi!  So I've just picked up (2 days ago) my new Ford Fiesta Zetec Ecoboost and have only just realised that it hasn't got ambient lighting?  I had a Fiesta Zetec Ecoboost on a 13 plate and that had it.  I've just rung Ford who were pretty clueless and said I should ring my dealer, which I did, who said that I should come in so they could sort it out - thing is, I'm not sure the zetec actually has ambient lighting lol!  Any ideas?  And if so, how do I reset it/turn it on without a trip to the dealers?

Thanks!

D

Welcome to the site Denise! My wifes 65 plate Fiesta Zetec has it. Let the dealer check it out. If you go onto Ford Etis you can put your reg in and get your cars factory build data and see what it has and hasnt got.:smile:

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=338803250ACE506E06B845ACF1256ABB.fcvas512

Thanks Wes180! My reg isn't coming up yet as I only picked it up a couple of days ago - I can't see the small red lights on the interior light section which was where they were when I had my 2013 Zetec?  I have a feeling it doesn't come with it - which is misleading as the Ford Fiesta Brochure says it's standard (even though it was last updated in 2015) - can I hold Ford to that?  Frustrating I know, even thought it's a minor point, I thought the ambient light looked nice.

D

Are you selecting 'Vehicle' on the top then putting your reg in on this screen? It should be on there but if not then your cars VIN number will bring it up. 

Screenshot_20161216-143254.png

Hi - yes I put my reg in but it didn't recognise it (I guess it was only registered last week) - I'll have to get the VIN number later (I'm at work at mo) and see what comes up.

It says in the Fiesta brochure that Zetec should come with ambient lighting so somewhere inside that settings thing is a button I need to press - but gawd knows where the little red lights are because I can't see them.  I think Ford have given me a Style by mistake!

I dont think the lights are visible until they are on. Im in work too! It will come up off the VIN either way.

Will check later when I'm home - hope I've got them - it looked good on my '13 plate Zetec!

Had a look with the VIN and it says less lighting pack, does that mean I haven't got it? :( 

My wifes build says Less Lighting Packages too but under that it says Interior Lighting-Ambient LED's.

Screenshot_20161217-055434.png

Looks like you don't have it on your car :sad:

Naughty because ford brochure for zetec says it should, but misleading. Ah well. Thank you anyway for your help!

I think there brochure should be withdrawn in that case. Very misleading :sad:

Im sorry Denise, just wondering if we are talking about different things now. I was thinking Ambient Lighting is the illuminated red strip on the dash and red illuminated door pockets. Is that what you mean too or are you referring to the full ambient package including cup holders etc. Do you know if your car is SYNC3? I was just reading this and the lighting is switchable via the touch screen if you have that?

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync-3/settings/adjusting-ambient-lighting-in-sync-3.html

No I was just talking about the red strip, not cup holders. I've got the normal sync, not the sync 3

If sync 2 Denise I think it can be turned on and off via the main screen settings. I could be wrong. often am. but still worth a check. My car 16 plate Tit focus which has ambient single colour. door pockets. Door handles. footwell. overhead. but no blummin cup holder light of any description.

Welcome by the way.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club