Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bird strike!

brianc

Hello fellow Focus-ites!

Anyone got any ideas on how best to replace a bit of the black criss-cross plastic mesh under the front number plate on my 99 Focus (ie where to get the stuff)? Can it be got cheaply from Ford or are scrap yards a better bet? Same goes for the small disc of bumper-coloured plastic which is on the front right of the bumper (there's one on the rear too - seems to cover some kind of screw hole).

Got hit by a kamikaze blackbird doing 60mph and when I got to work this disc had been knocked clean out! Any thoughts welcome, as it makes the front end look a bit scruffy and unloved :-(

Cheers,

Brian

Hello fellow Focus-ites!

Anyone got any ideas on how best to replace a bit of the black criss-cross plastic mesh under the front number plate on my 99 Focus (ie where to get the stuff)? Can it be got cheaply from Ford or are scrap yards a better bet? Same goes for the small disc of bumper-coloured plastic which is on the front right of the bumper (there's one on the rear too - seems to cover some kind of screw hole).

Got hit by a kamikaze blackbird doing 60mph and when I got to work this disc had been knocked clean out! Any thoughts welcome, as it makes the front end look a bit scruffy and unloved :-(

Cheers,

Brian

The disk is a cover for the tow pin it screws in for tie down on the transporter or if your car needs towing

the pin should be in the boot with the spare wheel and jack

The cover would be cheap from Ford but I would guess a new one would be un painted and its only a push on fit

You were right about scrap yards every Ford has the cover and I think they are all a standard size so as long as you get the colour right a Fiesta or Mondeo should fit as well

the lower grill if its black would come in that colour but again a painted one would come in black and need painting

This may be harder to find in scrapyard the plastic bits on Fords are usualy fairly cheap from Ford so I would ask your dealer

BUT CHECK with them if it needs clips or something to hold it in I once had to buy some thing similar after I hit a rabbit with a Fog Light surround on the Focus ST It came in Black or Grey and had to be painted

It came with out the clips and I had to order them seperate so was another 2 day wait I could not believe they did not order the clips at he same time

Thanks Ivor, very helpful. I'll try and get a red disk from a scrappy, rather than get involved in painting a new one, and see how much the black grille-thing is from Ford.

Cheers,

Brian

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club