Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3

The Latman

Anybody got Sync 3 installed?  is it any good?  Apple/Android mirroring work OK?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the new Ford My Touch Sync 3 in my 2017 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid.  I keep the display on the night setting 24/7/365 and it works fine.  My wife's 2016 Fusion SE Hybrid has the Ford My Touch Sync 2, and it works ok, just a little slow sometimes.

I've got sync 3 in the RS and it's fine no problems at all. Apple CarPlay works if it's what you want but I prefer not to use it

Sync 3 works fine for my use Dont use the Apple Andriod connections dont see the need when its all in the unit

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  Is sync 3 as smooth as they say, not as laggy as 2?

I never saw sync 2 but 3 is absolutely fine. Easy to navigate and quick response between screens

Hi there.

Sync 3 works well. I have ver 2.2. and I had some problems when I first connected to android auto and apple car play because of the pendrive. When you connect for the first time make sure you don't have a pendrive plugged in and it will connect in about 1-2 seconds.

On my Focus i don't have climate on the screen and I don't know yet how to use the car's satnav when android/apple play is working. Keeps using the phones maps, I have to look into that. 

The menus are simple, but I wished I had more settings to play with. 

Great, thanks for the replies guys.

My car is in transit to the UK......very much looking forward to it..

Lat

• 2 weeks later...

Does Sync 3 have the really annoying issue in Sync 2 where it decides to re-index any music SD or USB card/stick almost every time you stop and start the car? That's been reported a lot and seems to have been a problem with Sync 2 for years.

Also, is it possible to get a 2016 MK5 Mondeo upgraded to Sync 3? Would a dealer be able to do that? 

Thanks,  Martin

I seem to recall reading that the Sync 3 requires different hardware inside the actual unit itself, so I think you'd need to replace that.   But yeah, think its a dealer job.   

I think a lot of car audio units mess around with SD/USB sticks, not just Ford.  My wife's Leon does that and its really annoying.

New to my Mondeo having spent too much time in BMWs and Mercedes and the like. Love the way it goes but... by heck, the SYNC 2 thing is just awful. Its responsiveness both in terms of the user interface and navigation is not that dissimilar to feature phones from the 1990s.

Luckily the rest of the car more than makes up for it!

1 hour ago, cigar said:

New to my Mondeo having spent too much time in BMWs and Mercedes and the like. Love the way it goes but... by heck, the SYNC 2 thing is just awful. Its responsiveness both in terms of the user interface and navigation is not that dissimilar to feature phones from the 1990s.

Luckily the rest of the car more than makes up for it!

Good to read that, my car is due on the 10th Feb, really looking forward to it.  :-)

Im 99% sure it will have Sync 3, I hope!

Most of the 2017 Fords will have Sync 3 except Fiesta, which will get it with the mk8 model, B Max , Ranger and the van type cars (Tourneo connect, Courier).

On the Focus with Sync 3 they don't have anymore SD card slot. That was used for the navigation system to load the maps.  Now Sync 3 has a built in hard drive of some sort.

About the indexing problem I didn't noticed that, although we don't use the pendrive as much now. We tend to use more Apple/Android car play feature. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club