Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Autowiper

Scuzzie2k

Had a rain sensor on my newly purchased mondeo mk4.5, found the wire so wired up, enabled auto lights and wipers, lights work great wipers are but hit and miss, do they use the same stalk or do i need to change this too?

Their is specific position on the stalk for Autowipe along with normal and high speed, in autowipe wipers varies speed dependant on rain and possibly speed

8 hours ago, al2052 said:

Their is specific position on the stalk for Autowipe along with normal and high speed, in autowipe wipers varies speed dependant on rain and possibly speed

I assume this is intermediate position but will the stalks be the same just have the label auto on it?

Why would they fit the sensor and specific screen and then not plug it in at the factory!? :unsure: 

On 20/12/2016 at 9:41 AM, TomsFocus said:

Why would they fit the sensor and specific screen and then not plug it in at the factory!? :unsure: 

I think it may of had a new winscreen at somepoint and it has GPS and the antenna goes there so guess the screen comes with the sensor. The auto wipers are rubbish so tempamental, lights work well tho!

On 20/12/2016 at 9:41 AM, TomsFocus said:

Cost, it's often cheaper to fit as many of the same components to every car rolling through the factory, but only connect or turn certain bits on, than have separate inventories for every combination.

21 minutes ago, Scuzzie2k said:

I think it may of had a new winscreen at somepoint and it has GPS and the antenna goes there so guess the screen comes with the sensor. The auto wipers are rubbish so tempamental, lights work well tho!

That's weird, the ones on the Focus are pretty good, only time they struggle is that very fine but dense rain where they aren't sure whether to stay intermittent or go into hyperspeed lol.  99% of the time they're fine.

17 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Cost, it's often cheaper to fit as many of the same components to every car rolling through the factory, but only connect or turn certain bits on, than have separate inventories for every combination.

I can understand that where you may have a loom for everything but not all of the components (cruise wheel for example), but literally all of the components were there in this case lol.  I just don't see what they're gaining by not plugging something in.

My rain sensor is not stuck its got a metal click that holds it against the windscreen, do you think this could be the issue, does it not need like a gel pad to bond to the glass?

Yeah there should be a gel pad between the screen and sensor for a perfect seal, it won't work properly with an air gap.  Its not adhesive though, that metal clip is needed to hold it on.

This makes sense why it isn't very good! So you know where I can get one of these pads?

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah there should be a gel pad between the screen and sensor for a perfect seal, it won't work properly with an air gap.  Its not adhesive though, that metal clip is needed to hold it on.

will this one do? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rain-Sensor-gel-Audi-BMW-Ford-Hyundai-Kia-Mini-Vauxhall-Volvo-VW-T20-/282269760639?hash=item41b896bc7f:g:nTMAAOSwymxVOg9O]

I don't know what shape it should be on the Mondeo, hopefully someone else knows though!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club