Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Small problems my car has.

MarkyR

Just thought I would give an update on the faults I have with my car, nothing major.

So far, my tracking is off (Does anyone else have the steering wheel slightly off centre with the 17" wheels?)

My squeak has returned grrr.

My brakes make the whirring grinding noise when you put them on, is that normal, it's not loud.

And I managed to wash my car today and half of the red sticker stripe in the S on the Zetec S badge fell off!! :o :o :o Will I be able to get the dealer to put a new sticker or badge on free under the warranty as I kind of expected it to last longer then 4 or 5 washes and 2 months!

yeah, you gota have that badge sorted, and the squeak, get them to sort the tracking out too, thats terrible, dont wana be paying for tyres in the spring!

The brakes I'm not sure...depends where you park, with the 17s the brakes are fairly exposed, so damp weather puts a slight coating on the discs, then when you pull away, takes a while to polish back up..I have had this recently just with the 15s.

Piggy :)

I hope they will replace the battery, and glad to know the tracking isn't common!

I think I'll ask for the brakes to be checked as they were making the noise after I drove the car for a few miles but it has been pretty cold today.

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey I had to dig through a few pages to find this thread!! lol

Anyway time for an update on Uee.

Took it to my dealers on monday and I was told to go for a drive with the head technician? Hmm I thought why's that? It turned out that because I said the car was pulling, well that's what the receptionist wrote down! they were quite worried because the new Fiesta does NOT pull!!! Apparently the new electric power steering is designed to compensate for tracking or 'pulling' to one side or the other. Clever eh?

Anyway they just straightened the steering wheel lol and did a full geometry check just to be sure, and she is now spot on fine, they also adjusted my squeaky seats, again, and fitted a lovely new S on my boot complete with a full red strip.

Very nice people and a complete job done, glad they checked the geometry so it's better safe then sorry and proved the car is fine.

And on a side note, whilst I was there waiting in the show room, they rolled into the showroom floor a brand spanking unregistered new Focus RS in WHITE with every optional extra available, colour satnav, heated seats etc etc and it had the blacked out windows, it was fing gorgeous!!!! I had to sit in it and have a play, the seats are hard I can tell ye but damn they feel snug. Very nice car.

So my car is back to full health, now all I gotta do is strip the wax off and start that process again, I noticed the other day after it had rained and under flood light the car has a lovely curvy edge right down the middle where I managed to get one coat of wax on half the car before it rained hahaha. Well it's unique hehe.

Glad to hear it! Ford *can* be helpful when they want to be!

Would you have swapped your Fez for that RS if you were given the chance? ;)

Great minds bILLOO, I was just about to write more or less the same thing. As for the Focus RS, as much of an amazing car it is I can't help thinking that it looks as though it drove through Halfords and picked up every bit of tat along the way! Give me a dreamscience ST anyday. :D

Ah now that's a tricky one. If I had the money this is, I'm not sure. It's a lovely car that will be a classic and is wicked fast but you know you'll be buying something that's getting replaced next year. The new RS may take another year or two to arrive but it will arrive and I would think be better?

great to hear you got problems sorted...I got a few manifesting...will start new post.

Duno how they could better the RS now...one hell of a machine...be nice to see a newly developed Cossy engine tho, rather than volvo!

:)