Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Cordless Vacuum

jace1969

For car and house,i have the Ge-tech pair (Air-ram and multi hand held )and had them for over a year and the upright pusher is amazing and last ages but what is the best

Hand held but a good price,like these cost £250 the pair new,Dyson looks good but stupid prices and what model as some very bad reviews on the battery life/suction power.

• Like 1

I bought a Vax 6131T to do my car with - awesome bit of kit!

It's not cordless though...

EDIT: - it is a Wash&Vax and comes with full set of tools, liquids and a long length hose - £99 from amazon.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tomson said:

I bought a Vax 6131T to do my car with - awesome bit of kit!

It's not cordless though...

I was going suggest the Vax too.

Cost wise I bought a Henry hoover just for the car. Its not cordless but comes with a great set of tools that can reach every corner and crevice of my car. Powerful suction and filtration. At £87.00 delived free from AO.com its a great bargain compared to cordless gear

• Like 2

I find the  Henry hoover  not cordless the best great power:smile:

• Like 1

We have a Dyson but wanted a cordless one for a quick blast over,the air-ram is ok for floor and stuff for a quick clean but useless for the

car and say stairs,i did read on here a nice while ago what someone put on asking the same thing on the cordless ones.

• Like 1

Henry is still the best value for money tbh.  But it's heavy and corded so no ideal for you lol. 

My Nan has an Air Ram as she can no longer lift the Henry and would probably trip on the lead anyway, well she has 2 now as the old one broke so she ordered a new one, but I managed to fix the old one with a new drive gear lol.  But she still keeps the Henry for other people to use in nooks & crannys and around ceilings etc. 

I haven't used a handheld since a 'Dustbuster' back in the 90s!  Hopefully technology has improved since then as it was rubbish. :laugh: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Henry is still the best value for money tbh.  But it's heavy and corded so no ideal for you lol. 

My Nan has an Air Ram as she can no longer lift the Henry and would probably trip on the lead anyway, well she has 2 now as the old one broke so she ordered a new one, but I managed to fix the old one with a new drive gear lol.  But she still keeps the Henry for other people to use in nooks & crannys and around ceilings etc. 

I haven't used a handheld since a 'Dustbuster' back in the 90s!  Hopefully technology has improved since then as it was rubbish. :laugh: 

Lol,yes mate same here as we still have the corded one but need a dam long lead to reach up the garden and this G tech Multi hand held is ok but not a

lot of power just ok for small bits but getting past it now,i have to think as well the use time as we all know some days is just one mad rush so with dad its a quick

blast for me rather than getting all cord out etc,Dustbuster my that's turning the clock back a bit.😆

• Like 2

Think i might look into the Dyson v8 absolute if i can get it at the right price in the sales,read loads of reviews and it seems spot on, just the price.

• Like 1

Trouble with cordless is battery life in my opinion as the battery life as often short and when you try to get new battery's  you can't as there is a new model and  the one you have is obsolete and no spares available. The actual cleaner still works but a duff battery so you need to buy a new one. In any case just buy a long lead and use the pipe on the house cleaner  cheeper in the long run.

Slightly off-topic but does anyone know if you can get a free spare filter for the Mk2 Air Ram?  We got a free pair for the Mk1 but I can't find anything online for the Mk2.

Nan likes to have one in use while the other's being washed/dried but doesn't want to pay £15 for it lol. 

The Mk1 broke again yesterday, seems the on/off switch has an intermittent bad connection now so I may or may not try fixing that next week, I assume it'll be a solder joint and I can't solder. :unsure: 

2 hours ago, Gizza11 said:

Trouble with cordless is battery life in my opinion as the battery life as often short and when you try to get new battery's  you can't as there is a new model and  the one you have is obsolete and no spares available. The actual cleaner still works but a duff battery so you need to buy a new one. In any case just buy a long lead and use the pipe on the house cleaner  cheeper in the long run.

You can, if you're handy with a soldering iron, replace and upgrade the internal battery pack of a cordless vacuum 9or indeed anything cordless), to a higher capacity for pennies.  Manufacturers default battery capacity is surprisingly low, often around 750-800mAh. Most of them are made up with multiple industrial sub "C" size rechargeable batteries.

https://cellpacksolutions.co.uk/products/product-category/batteries/common-sizes/sub-c/

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The Mk1 broke again yesterday, seems the on/off switch has an intermittent bad connection now so I may or may not try fixing that next week, I assume it'll be a solder joint and I can't solder. :unsure: 

Soldering basics

I know the battery aint going to be the best so that is why i have a corded one already 'Dyson' and had it for ages.

We have a Air-ram and the battery is amazing like i can do all upstairs and the hall way and still got a loads of battery left,the Hand held by g tech that cam with it

is ok but its a pain to clean the filter on it and suction aint the bast so its replacing the hand held and will keep the corded one and Air-ram MK1.

Had the Air-ram for a good 18months and i would recommend it to anyone,not for a deep clean just for a quick 'anytime' grab it and clean.

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:50 PM, GMX said:

You can, if you're handy with a soldering iron, replace and upgrade the internal battery pack of a cordless vacuum 9or indeed anything cordless), to a higher capacity for pennies.  Manufacturers default battery capacity is surprisingly low, often around 750-800mAh. Most of them are made up with multiple industrial sub "C" size rechargeable batteries.

https://cellpacksolutions.co.uk/products/product-category/batteries/common-sizes/sub-c/

Thanks for that site very usefull for replacement battery's Ill get me some ,no problem with soldering as I am a electronics engineer by trade ( Radio, TV ,etc)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club