Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Euro car parts || Rip off

Cameron

Hi Guys

Does anyone feel that Euro car parts/ECP prices are excessive. 

Today they have got an oil offer, use promo oil 50 but if you look at the oil prices they are more than double the price. 

I was looking at the concentric slave cylinder and the next day they had increased the price by another £5.

Prices are high and the promo are misleading. 

Does anyone else feel the same or has experienced any problems with using them ?

I usually wait till I get a 30% email offer and if you compair there prices to there sister company carparts4less.co.uk some parts are cheaper on one site and other parts are cheaper than the other

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cameron said:

Hi Guys

Does anyone feel that Euro car parts/ECP prices are excessive. 

Today they have got an oil offer, use promo oil 50 but if you look at the oil prices they are more than double the price. 

I was looking at the concentric slave cylinder and the next day they had increased the price by another £5.

Prices are high and the promo are misleading. 

Does anyone else feel the same or has experienced any problems with using them ?

Put the items into your basket then remove them and next day you'll get an email for 30% off :) you also find that the %age reduction increases the closer to the end of the month it is.

• Like 1

This is a standard con by Ecp, I've started using my local motor factors more often, better brands and prices. 

• Like 2

when you take off there discount most gear works out the same price as any online company, so your not saveing anything with the codes they give you.

but get over to Halfords on boxing day they have got ford 4 ltr oil £12 lets see if ecp can beat that lol

• Like 1

most large retailers can be rather "creative" with their pricing structures during sale or discount periods , not just ECP.

best ploy is to just monitor prices for a couple of weeks to gauge how much can be really saved.

having said that earlier this month i got 5 ltrs of Shell fully synth oil for just £12.50 from them - a true bargin i felt.

1 hour ago, andypsp said:

get over to halfords on boxing day they have got ford 4 ltr oil £12 l

Hi there

Please can you tell me exactly what oil this is please.

I have a 1.6 petrol Focus

1 hour ago, ZetecMan1 said:

Hi there

Please can you tell me exactly what oil this is please.

I have a 1.6 petrol Focus

link below for you

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/engine-oil/halfords-5w30-ford-fully-synthetic-motor-oil-4l

Depends what you buy. I need a new egr valve and when i priced one a month ago it was 110. Now with the Xmas discount I can get it for 64 quid. No bad if I do say so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, andypsp said:

get over to halfords on boxing day they have got ford 4 ltr oil £12 l

Andypsp

Thanks for reply

I think I will get me one of those.

Cheers

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ZetecMan1 said:

Andypsp

Thanks for reply

I think I will get me one of those.

Cheers

no problem martin i always stock-up when it`s that price :xmas:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/25/2016 at 11:30 AM, biff55 said:

most large retailers can be rather "creative" with their pricing structures during sale or discount periods , not just ECP.

best ploy is to just monitor prices for a couple of weeks to gauge how much can be really saved.

having said that earlier this month i got 5 ltrs of shell fully synth oil for just £12.50 from them - a true bargin i felt.

Planning on giving my good old focus a fresh oil change. 

I can't seem to find the right Shell engine oil on ECP for my focus 1.6 tdci 109 bhp,.... I don't suppose you could post a link of the oil you bought for £12.50 :)

Thanks

Cameron

5 hours ago, Cameron said:

Planning on giving my good old focus a fresh oil change. 

I can't seem to find the right shell engine oil on ECP for my focus 1.6 tdci 109 bhp,.... I don't suppose you could post a link of the oil you bought for £12.50 :)

Thanks

Cameron

Halfords have stll got there ford oil on offer at £12 for 4ltrs, don`t think you`ll find the Shell oil at ecp now as they have cut there range back so do less than they used too

8 hours ago, andypsp said:

halfords have stll got there ford oil on offer at £12 for 4ltrs, don`t think you`ll find the shell oil at ecp now as they have cut there range back so do less than they used too

They still sell Shell oil in Ecp.

1 hour ago, stef123 said:

They still sell Shell oil in Ecp.

oops i ment to write don`t think you`ll find Shell oil at that price :wacko:

• Like 1

This weekend 14th Jan, ECP discount of 30%.. Looked at their Valeo Silencio Wiper Blades. Cost of £39.00p for two = equals £27.00 with 30% discount.

Carparts4less a subsidiary of ECP they sell for £26

Same Silencio Wiper Blades at windscreenwipersdirect.co.uk for £19.00

Yes ECP are a rip off.

3 hours ago, Devonboy said:

This weekend 14th Jan, ECP discount of 30%.. Looked at their Valeo Silencio wiper blades. Cost of £39.00p for two = equals £27.00 with 30% discount.

Carparts4less a subsidiary of ECP they sell for £26

Same Silencio wiper blades at windscreenwipersdirect.co.uk for £19.00

Yes ECP are a rip off.

i always get my Bosch wipers from eBay £20, same ones £37 at ecp.

a few yrs ago ECP used to be cheap, as they supply Halfords aswell it`s some times cheaper on the Halfords site than ECP lol :laugh:

• Like 1

On 1/14/2017 at 8:53 PM, biff55 said:

I'll have a look

They're ok as long as you shop around. Sometimes when the codes apply to other things (such as penetrating fluid and brake cleaner) it makes it worthwhile (and being able to collect that day!)

• 4 years later...

If someone is still looking for a good place to buy car parts, then I would strongly recommend to try https://orbimotors.com/. It doesn't matter what kind of car you are driving because you will find everything. And prices are really better than anywhere else, ofcourse because it's used auto parts, but you can really find some goods