Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo MK4 2.0 TDCI 140 Fuel Query

ashleylewisms

Hi all,

Ive recently upgraded from a MK3 Mondeo to a MK4.

So far I've owned the car for 4 days, and driven roughly 100 miles...but what's worrying me is the fuel needle - it seems to have gone down quarter of a tank, whereas my MK3 would still be on full!

I've driven economically and am averaging between 45-55mpg in 30mph roads and 60+mpg on motorways doing 70 in 6th gear.

The computer display is telling me I have about 570 miles until the next fuel stop which seems good, so what am I to trust? The needle or computer?

It may be that I'm panicking for no reason, and that other owners will say something like "it'll drop to half a tank and stay on the needle for a week" - a bit like my old Corsa, but I'm just concerned as to what I'm experiencing is normal or not?

Thanks

Sounds like an issue with carbon build up, same happened with my mums Mondeo (Same as yours), best thing to do would be get a the engine carbon cleaned using a service such as Terraclean, how many miles are on the clock?

23 minutes ago, ford mondeo 2011 2.3l 6aut said:

@Ryan_Tango can you plz help me? i have a 2011 ford mondeo 2.3l auto 6 speed , i want to do an transmission oil change what is the recommended type of oil ? i couldn't find it in the manual  

Hi assuming your Mondeo is the petrol auto any transmission oil that meets the standards of (WSS-M2C924-A) will be okay, the capacity is 7.0 Litres. here's a link to a product you can use  https://goo.gl/2lFCbh  

You will also have to buy some silicone sealant that meets the (WSK-M4G320-A) standards, such as  https://goo.gl/9OVML2

Hope this helps you in some way  @ford mondeo 2011 2.3l 6aut 

thanks for replaying 
i went to ford dealer he gave me mercon v but he didn't even chick the vin number that's why i'm asking i didn't put any of it in yet , will "mercon v" work or should i go back to him
and check again?  and yes it is petrol 

Thanks Ryan, I purchased the car from a dealership. Would this sort of thing be covered by a warranty typically?

44 minutes ago, ashleylewisms said:

Thanks Ryan, I purchased the car from a dealership. Would this sort of thing be covered by a warranty typically?

Unfortunately not covered, all cars develop carbon build up over time, I had mine done at 45k ish and I gained 5 MPG on a higher mileage car the results would be even better, mum had hers done at 110k and the power came back and MPG was great again, getting 700-800 miles per tank.

51 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Unfortunately not covered, all cars develop carbon build up over time, I had mine done at 45k ish and I gained 5 MPG on a higher mileage car the results would be even better, mum had hers done at 110k and the power came back and MPG was great again, getting 700-800 miles per tank.

Ok thanks, how much is it likely to cost?

21 hours ago, ashleylewisms said:

Ok thanks, how much is it likely to cost?

Hi it's around £90 - £120 and they come to you, go to https://www.terraclean.co.uk/find-a-local-agent enter your details and it will give you a list of agents to choose from. Sorry for the late reply been in bed all day as I work nights.

Thanks Ryan,

I actually think it's behaving as it should be now - I spoke to a Ford Dealership and the guy in servicing said that the computer in the car "in a way" self-adjusts to how the driver is using the car - for example, if it's been thrashed around, then the car's "learnt" to provide less mpg but give better performance etc. he worded it better than that, but that was the explanation in a nutshell.

It's now remained on 3/4 of a tank for a few days, so a week later, the needle has only gone down quarter of a tank - which is what I would expect after doing about 150 miles all round.

It just scared me from the time I drove it on a full tank, to 3/4 thinking "This things a gas guzzler"!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club