Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3.5 HID Fitting

JamieSMcC

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had issues fitting HIDs on a Mk3.5? 

I've had to buy bulb holders, but worried that all of the holders are listed for the Mk2 Focus and not the Mk3/3.5?

See photos of issue and what I've got, just to see if these will do the trick. 

Cheers,

Jamie

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0074.PNG

Mk3.5 has reflectors as standard not really suited for HIDs. You could end up dazzling everyone...

and illegal and an mot fail if not fitted with auto levelling sensors and exterior washers

Please refer to this thread. Has a lot of useful information regarding the legalities of what you are going to do. Not only is your car an MOT failure, and a hazard to other road users, you're also effectively rendering your insurance void.

On 1/1/2017 at 5:51 PM, JamieSMcC said:

Again, the same comments above apply. These are not road legal, will cause dazzle and probably void your insurance.

Get yourself a decent set of normal bulbs. I used to have the GE Sportlight and they were a nice white colour, brighter than a standard bulb and also road legal.

I've given up haha,

The adaptors I got don't fit the Mk3.5. Ordered a set of Philips bulbs recommended on Autoexpress... just hope they do a decent job of lighting the road up. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club