Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Interior Lighting

liampatrick

In my friend's MINI, he has ambient lighting; "...lighting for the front and rear footwells and orange lighting for the front door pockets and centre console", which are illuminated whenever driving. I would like to fit some kind of similar LED ambient lighting in my Fiesta (maybe just footwells), but all the guides I see online are just wired so that the lights are activated when the doors are opened, i.e. interior light operated. Is there any way to wire this type of lighting so that it is always on when driving; not just when the headlights are on, or when doors are opened? 

You could just use any ignition live so they're permanently powered with the ignition on, could even use an inline switch so they could be manually turned off if necessary.  I'm not sure I'd want footwell lights on while driving tbh, mine just come on with the doors open.  I also have standard Focus 'ambient lighting' which makes the gearknob red when it's dark...I don't think it has any purpose at all, I didn't even notice for the first year of driving it! :laugh: 

• Like 1

My mk7.5 has the genuine ford ambient lighting, but it's just door pockets, cup holders and glove box strip

I personally think that the footwell would be distracting unless extremely dim. 

I know ford do actually offer footwell ambient lighting but as I say, it's extremely dim. 

Wiring wise, add a fuse tap to any ignition live fuse. I'd use the rear wiper for example 

Thanks both! Not sure what colour I'd choose, as in my Zetec Blue there is no real light colour theme as all the lights on radio/climate etc are different! The footwell/door handle lights in my friend's MINI are nice; very dim so not distracting, but look very cool. Can't say I'd have the skills to make them colour changing mind you! Next job is flush Vodafone/Cobra rear parking sensors that I've just ordered anyway...wish me luck aha!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club