Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

1.4 TSI VAG

TomsFocus

Yes, I know it's a Ford forum. :wink:

But Ford didn't bother making an economical petrol until too late for my budget lol, remember diesel was the superior fuel back then. :rolleyes: On 'real world' figures it'd cost me an extra £40 a month in tax and fuel to run a slow 1.6 petrol Focus, most likely without the options mine has as well!  I could keep mine and replace the DPF every 5 months for that price.  :laugh:  Tbh I don't really want another Focus anyway after over 2 years with mine.

So, looking at a budget of about £5k, there's absolutely nothing EcoBoost in that budget.  But there are a few 1.4 TSIs popping up, mainly in Golfs and Leons.  Just wondered if anyone had any experience with them?  I know the older 170ps version had issues with a cam chain tensioner but can't find anything major for the 140ps or 122ps versions?

Cheers
Tom

Yes, I know it's a Ford forum. :wink:
But Ford didn't bother making an economical petrol until too late for my budget lol, remember diesel was the superior fuel back then. :rolleyes: On 'real world' figures it'd cost me an extra £40 a month in tax and fuel to run a slow 1.6 petrol Focus, most likely without the options mine has as well!  I could keep mine and replace the DPF every 5 months for that price.  [emoji23]  Tbh I don't really want another Focus anyway after over 2 years with mine.
So, looking at a budget of about £5k, there's absolutely nothing EcoBoost in that budget.  But there are a few 1.4 TSIs popping up, mainly in Golfs and Leons.  Just wondered if anyone had any experience with them?  I know the older 170ps version had issues with a cam chain tensioner but can't find anything major for the 140ps or 122ps versions?
Cheers
Tom

Like you clearly stated it is a good forum so why will people have experience with vag engines

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hey Tom my mates got a Leon 1.4 TSI 140ps runs great only issue he has to pick with it would be the map currently on the car feels quite flat and could be better, apart from that good engines not really heard of too many problems other than the turbo going a bit short handed but I suppose that's quite common with petrols.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club