Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HID conversion kit

IRONMAN

These connectors are produced by TE Connectivity (formerly known as AMP) and are called "Superseal" connectors. 

The Original TE Connectivity Superseal Connectors can be found at specialized electronic stores and webshops (Conrad, Farnell, Mouser, etc.). Fully compatible Chinese copies can be found on eBay and AliExpress.  

Thanks I’ll order some now have been trying to find a connector for months [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
On 10/5/2019 at 10:43 AM, JW1982 said:

As far as I know the Sky-Wing headlights that are produced by Eagle Eyes are LHD only. RHD versions are produced on request but do usually require a minimum of 50 sets.

The LHD Sky-Wing headlights have a projector with a fixed LHD cutoff plate and can not be changed to RHD without modifications to the actual projector.

I used HID bulbs for quite some Years in combination with the Sky-Wing headlights. I Always was very happy with both the light pattern and light output of these lights. However within the last Year the development of LED technology made great progress. Apart from the many rubbish cheap Chinese LED bulbs that are available there are also a few really good ones available.

After one of my HID bulbs started flickering ocasionally I decided to do some extensive research and buy myself a set of H7 LED bulbs. Based on several reviews I ordered a set of H7 F3 LED bulbs from a Chinese seller.

2019071715153720.thumb.jpg.a958d3120ac9bffc14a1558e42fa3907.jpg

20190717151537492.thumb.jpg.9663b83899e97dab17f5179402355042.jpg

20190717151537741.thumb.jpg.4ccc2b72daa724d3b0e644d67b3ede80.jpg

The LED bulbs arrived within a week. After I unboxed the LED bulbs I must say that I am quite impressed with the quality of these LED bulbs. All major parts are made of painted alumium and feel really solid. The F3 bulbs have a small fan cooled heatsink at the back of the bulb. The LED's itself are mounted on a special PCB (liquid heat-pipe) that is connected with the heatsink at the back of the bulb. The LED bulbs habe a small LED controller that should fit in about every headlight. 

The bulbs have a detachable socket plate. The socket plate can easily be installed into the H7 headlight socket. Next the bulb can easily be inserted and locked into the socket plate. The manufacturer of the bulbs prescribes to install the bulbs with the LED's horizontally. To achieve this the socket plate is adjustable and the bulb can be rotated inside the socket plate to obtain the correct position.

Installation was very easy. There is more than enough space inside the headlights for the heatsink and the LED controller. No more hassle with wiring and HID ballasts outside the headlights. It took me less than 15 minutes to remove the headlights from the car, remove the HID kit, install the LED bulbs and install the headlights back into the car.

Because my car is configured for "aftermarket HID" (which basically means that the lights are controlled by a steady battery voltage and the bulb check system of the dipped beam is switched off) there are no errors or warning messages. I must say that I am really impressed by the light output of the LED bulbs. Compared to the HID lights the light output of the LED bulbs is even better. The color of the LED light is bright white and very similar to the 5000K HID light is had before.

IMG_20190930_185806751.thumb.jpg.3794fae70c616d05085acb72d0788e01.jpg

The beam pattern of the LED lights is very good and very similar to the HID beam pattern.

Be aware that in the Netherlands where I live HID / LED conversions are fully legal as long as the beam pattern is correct, the lights are correctly adjusted and the lights do not blind other traffic.

Hi @JW1982 I really like your lights 😮 but no way can I get an order of that amount to get the RHD set 😪

Have you ever seen these ones, I believe they are made in germany so hope they are of good quality

https://ultimatestyling.co.uk/ford-focus-performance-headlights-pair-lh-rh-ult1176-phl

My only worry is how HIDs will be in aftermarket projectors like the cut off area etc. As normally aftermarket units are listed for halogen bulbs normally.

I was going to get some H1 projectors from retrofitlab like I have done on my motorcycle but the MK3 headlights are sealed with permaseal which is a nightmare.

Any thoughts on the lights above I'm looking at, as always your comments is highly appreciated 👍🏼

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club