Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Condensation problem

Seanod1

Hi

I've got a 62 plate Focus Eco boost.  The heater matrix had to be replaced back in the summer due to a leak.  The repair involved taking out the front seats and the dashboard.  Since the Autumn the cabin is always full of condensation...the only way to clear it is to drive around with the aircon on full blast.....which is freezing at this time of year !!  There's no sign of any water in the car.  It's been back to the garage but they can't identify the issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?  

Regards

Sean    

7 hours ago, Seanod1 said:

the cabin is always full of condensation..

The air recirc flap might be stuck in the reicirculate position.

Check the button that operates it, and see if you can hear it move.

Have you checked your spare wheel well for water? I had a leak in my 2012 Focus and the rear quarter cavity was full of water which spilled into the well when i went around corners. It was rain water leaking in past the seal on the rear quarter body vent behind the back bumper. Worth checking as water anywhere inside the car will cause condensation.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/70704-possible-mk3-boot-leak/

maybe the cabin pollen filter got wet during the leaks / repairs.

being paper it will hold moisture.

worth a look.

Thanks Guys

The Air recirc flap is worth checking...I can't hear anything when I press the recirc button, can you check this under the bonnet??

There doesn't seem to be any water in the spare wheel well and the cabin pollen filter was changed the last time in went into the garage.

Thanks for your help...I'll let you know if I get to the bottom of it !!

Sean 

56 minutes ago, Seanod1 said:

can't hear anything when I press the recirc button,

On my Mk2 focus, the recirc flap & motor are on the heater housing, accessible with the glove box removed. I will have a listen to my flap tomorrow (weather permitting, not if its freezing & wet!), and see(?) if I can hear anything.

The car will certainly steam up pretty quick if this is shut.

15 hours ago, Seanod1 said:

I can't hear anything when I press the recirc button

I just had a listen to mine. With ignition on but engine off & fan off, and ear close to the passenger footwell, there was a quiet but very clear whirring, creaking noise lasting 2 or 3 seconds each time the flap operating button was pressed. And a slight but distinct clunk at each end as it stopped.

On the Mk2, the recirc flap motor wiring plug has to be removed to change the pollen (cabin air) filter. Has this been serviced lately and either not put back, or damaged?

• 1 month later...

My rear quarter circ flaps were definitely causing a leak in my boot, and then on braking this meant it ran into rear foot wells too. Worth checking for signs of car parking knocks on rear corners mine had split the seams slightly. Seal around flaps and seams on outside by taking bumper off. Prob now fixed.