Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk7 shiny black plastics pics

sammy o

thought id show you some pictures of my car after going to the spray garage!

Photo0056.jpg

Photo0054.jpg

Photo0053.jpg

Photo0050.jpg

Photo0046.jpg

Photo0039.jpg

so far i have.

removed badges

front window tints

detangoed front lights

new side lights

h.i.d.s( need someone to fit for me as i cant do it ) anyone ????

removed rear wiper

carbon dmb badges

zsoc stickers

shiny black plastics !

front grill and the back are geting resprayed tommorrow as i am not happy with it so the sprayer has agreed to reprimer and respray as its not the smoothest which i am really pi**ed of about !

mods too come gaz coilovers which i am saving for and just a couple of little things like detangoeing the rear lights and front splitter

thanyou for looking ! oppinions please

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sammy o

• beatty36

• AdamC11

• InstructorPiggy

I was just reading through your old post earlier this eve where you said you wanted the plastics spraying and I thought it was going to look horrible and tacky! But I actually really like it... Not sure how it'd look on any other colour Fiesta, but looks very smart on yours :D

I was just reading through your old post earlier this eve where you said you wanted the plastics spraying and I thought it was going to look horrible and tacky! But I actually really like it... Not sure how it'd look on any other colour Fiesta, but looks very smart on yours :D

cheers mate . im really happy with the way its come out to be fair !

looks really nice mate i want mine done ha!

just do it mate ! i was two minded but then just went ahead with it !

Looks good. I reckon it would great on a Frozen White Mk7 too.

Did you use a specific black (E.g. Ford's Panther Black) or did you just tell the sprayer you wanted them black and he used whatever he had?

Looks good. I reckon it would great on a Frozen White Mk7 too.

Did you use a specific black (E.g. Ford's Panther Black) or did you just tell the sprayer you wanted them black and he used whatever he had?

i said i wanted just a really high gloss black !

I like what you have done to the plastic 'bumpers'. I think the plain plastic looks a bit boring and the idea of colour coding it to gloss black like the car sounds appealing! Maybe one day.....

looks nice.. tbh id thought it would be mirror shiny.. looks abit hazy to me (on the rear) i guessed they just sprayed over the plastic and covered it in laquer leaving the plastic texture

Looks very nice.

How much did this cost you? i have been thinking about getting my plastics sprayed metallic graphite for a while now.

Car looks great mate, especially the rear plastic 'diffuser' style thing, it looks a bit dull as it comes. Also liking the little s on the front grille - couldn't live without the rear wiper though, on mine the spoiler seems to accumulate loads of water when it's standing and then dump it all over the back window as soon as I drive off.

Very nice there friend...do like the blackening...did similar with a car I used to have, worked great...may think about it on my Colorado Red when it arrives!!

Just some advice...do searches on the HID lights...mainly because unless you have the auto dip, headlamp washers and new headlights...they ARE ILLEGAL! PLease don't do it unless you keep to the law!!

Also, the coilovers...ensure you have them set up by a true proffesional, not some garage guy who has done it a few times...remmember FORD have spent millions developing this new MK7 chassis, its one of the best so far, and the suspension to boot, unless you do the appropriate ungrades to the rest of the susspension components and spend a lot of time and money to set it up, you could end up creating a car which is too twitchy to handle or just doesnt go round corners! Seriously!

I reccomend to improve your handling, simply upgrade brakes and tyres and go get yaself to a track and have a proper track instructor teach you how to drive it like you want it!! :)

Hope all goes well, looking nice so far, rather subtle , which I very much like! :)

Just thinking of another post about mods...I think darker headlights may work better with yours, rather than the shiny chrome surrounds.... ?!?

thought id show you some pictures of my car after going to the spray garage!

Photo0056.jpg

front grill and the back are geting resprayed tommorrow as i am not happy with it so the sprayer has agreed to reprimer and respray as its not the smoothest which i am really pi**ed of about !

mods too come gaz coilovers which i am saving for and just a couple of little things like detangoeing the rear lights and front splitter

thanyou for looking ! oppinions please

Hey, i take it you got the plastics primed flat then sprayed gloss black? looks well, i was going to get this done but doing other stuff first. Just wondering houw you got the front fogs and grill e.t.c out for the spraying?

Cheers

looks nice.. tbh id thought it would be mirror shiny.. looks abit hazy to me (on the rear) i guessed they just sprayed over the plastic and covered it in laquer leaving the plastic texture

yeh they did it really pi**ed me off tbh ! its back there today geting it done proply because i told them it was crap haha works sometimes !

Looks very nice.

How much did this cost you? i have been thinking about getting my plastics sprayed metallic graphite for a while now.

200 pound it cost me!

No FOC stickers :o

Photo0047.jpg

very slight ! i put them on the inside . didnt like the idea of white on such a dark car ! sorry shud of posted this pic!

Looks cool, i like what youve done with the S badge on the boot.

Do you not find that you miss the rear wiper though?

no not really mate ! i also drive a work van so use to not having a rear window anyway haha

Car looks great mate, especially the rear plastic 'diffuser' style thing, it looks a bit dull as it comes. Also liking the little s on the front grille - couldn't live without the rear wiper though, on mine the spoiler seems to accumulate loads of water when it's standing and then dump it all over the back window as soon as I drive off.

yeh i get abit of a 'LAKE' on my spoiler too ! and cheers for the comments!

Very nice there friend...do like the blackening...did similar with a car I used to have, worked great...may think about it on my Colorado Red when it arrives!!

Just some advice...do searches on the HID lights...mainly because unless you have the auto dip, headlamp washers and new headlights...they ARE ILLEGAL! PLease don't do it unless you keep to the law!!

Also, the coilovers...ensure you have them set up by a true proffesional, not some garage guy who has done it a few times...remmember FORD have spent millions developing this new MK7 chassis, its one of the best so far, and the suspension to boot, unless you do the appropriate ungrades to the rest of the susspension components and spend a lot of time and money to set it up, you could end up creating a car which is too twitchy to handle or just doesnt go round corners! Seriously!

I reccomend to improve your handling, simply upgrade brakes and tyres and go get yaself to a track and have a proper track instructor teach you how to drive it like you want it!! :)

Hope all goes well, looking nice so far, rather subtle , which I very much like! :)

thankyou for the advice very useful !

i went to a garage to get the h.i.ds fitted and he said hed have to silicon them in which is just not going to happen on this car ! i am not doing anything cheaply or bodged i want everything to be done proply or else i have just wasted 15000 at the end of the day!

and as for the coilovers there going to get fitted at the gaz garage if i go ahead with it !

thanks again sam .

Hey, i take it you got the plastics primed flat then sprayed gloss black? looks well, i was going to get this done but doing other stuff first. Just wondering houw you got the front fogs and grill e.t.c out for the spraying?

Cheers

the garage did it all for me ! i have read though that they should all just pop out ! if that helps !

Liking the work m8,

When u removed the rear wiper, how did u do it and what did u use to fill the hole?

#

heres a how i did it !

1.remove the panel on the inside of ur boot ! theres couple of screws and just give it a good pull ! it all pops back in no problem btw !

2.pull the connector from the wiper motor with the wires going into it . it just clicks on like on the headlights !

3.remove the 3 screws from the wiper motor

4. close the boot, remove the cover over the bolt on the exterior its a little black cap

5. remove the bolt and pull out the wiper !

6. took away the wires into a safe place to stop them from rattling around ! and push everything back into place !

i then went to Halfords and brought aerial bungs for somthing around 2.99 ! you get about 6 in the pack i think its the 20 mm one you want mate

hope this helps

sam