Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3.5 Cruise Control Fitting

JamieSMcC

Hi,

thats good to know at least! Would you by any chance know the software number and hardware number of your BCM? Or if you don't mind sharing your reg, I can look it up on ETIS?

Also, do you by any chance know the part Number of the steering wheel? I'm positive they are all the same but know mine is from a 1.0. I highly doubt there is any difference but worth a check!

So, the Gent above has been very helpful and provided me with all the details of his car which he has successfully activated cruise on. Although it was the same build month, the software versions are different. Now, is this because his may have a different config (is it a different software version for every single different central config out there?) or is it because it's on the border of a software update and one of us has a slightly older car meaning one of us is the software we can successfully edit the cruise setting on ? 

I suspect that it's a newer version of the software... but I could be wrong.

What hardware are you using to connect to your car?

I've just bought a replacement wheel for my car (with cruise buttons), but no idea what hardware to get. Thanks

Yeah both the software and hardware versions are slightly different with mine being the newer model

im using a modified ELM327. Never had any issues with it and have successfully activated drive away locking with it

My new wheel has arrived! Hopefully will have time to fit next week. Will update on my progress!

IMG_20170823_213228.jpg

Hi guys i have exatly the same problem

Just installed a Cruise Control + ASL on a MK3.5 PETROL engine and it worked flawlessly. Steps were:
change the cable, install the CC buttons and enable CC and ASL in BCM using focccus.

Now, i did EXACTLY the same proceure as above with a MK3.5 GASOLINE engine but that damn thing won't work.
I talked with a guy over ffocus.ru and he told me that problem could be the PCM module not programmed to support the Cruise Control.... the problem is that the PCM module can be programmed from Ford Dealer only... any suggestion??

On 24/08/2017 at 8:51 AM, ChrisCh said:

My new wheel has arrived! Hopefully will have time to fit next week. Will update on my progress!

IMG_20170823_213228.jpg

What's the connector at the bottom for with the blue and black cables? Mine didn't have that

On 25/08/2017 at 1:58 PM, Au{R}oN said:

Hi guys i have exatly the same problem

Just installed a Cruise Control + ASL on a MK3.5 PETROL engine and it worked flawlessly. Steps were:
change the cable, install the CC buttons and enable CC and ASL in BCM using focccus.

Now, i did EXACTLY the same proceure as above with a MK3.5 GASOLINE engine but that damn thing won't work.
I talked with a guy over ffocus.ru and he told me that problem could be the PCM module not programmed to support the Cruise Control.... the problem is that the PCM module can be programmed from Ford Dealer only... any suggestion??

Do you know the BCM software and hardware versions of both cars?

3 hours ago, Harni said:

What's the connector at the bottom for with the blue and black cables? Mine didn't have that

Heater

50 minutes ago, Harni said:

Do you know the BCM software and hardware versions of both cars?

Nope. How can i check that? I can do it immediatly for my car, but i have to wait for the other one, since my friend is on holiday.

2 hours ago, Au{R}oN said:

Heater

Nope. How can i check that? I can do it immediatly for my car, but i have to wait for the other one, since my friend is on holiday.

You can look it up on ETIS

only reason I ask is because I'm trying to work out if it's a certain software version that has a difference or if it's a hardware difference in which case I will never get it working!

Ok, this is my version: F1DT-14A073-EF

And this is the version of my friend: F1FT-14A073-EF

6 hours ago, Au{R}oN said:

Ok, this is my version: F1DT-14A073-EF

And this is the version of my friend: F1FT-14A073-EF

Thanks. And which one was the one that worked?

4 hours ago, Harni said:

Thanks. And which one was the one that worked?

what's your version?

mine is F1DT-14A073-DF so it's one of two things. It's not the BCM Limiting this or there's more than one software version with this issue

could be the PCM that it's not programmed to support CC

1 hour ago, Au{R}oN said:

could be the PCM that it's not programmed to support CC

Very possible but there are people that have managed it so I don't think it's that. 

This saturday i'll make the same mod to another DIESEL ST Focus. I'll let you know the result.

• Like 1

Bad luck, another Diesel ST same result.

CC not working

WTF could be?

Just spent all evening attempting to add cruise to my 2015 zetec s 2.0 tdci and to dice. As its dark the buttons are illuminated so im assuming its powered and not a connection issue, changed the settings in focccus with no luck, seems a few of us are in the one boat :(

As you say you've done this to a few cars I'm sure you know what you're doing better than I so forgive my suggestion here but:

I have a mk3 with CC and when I activated anti hijack locking with focccus I lost cruise control temporarily.

I had to restart the car a time or two for the cc controls to respond again.

Could this be something to do with your problem?

I just meant that the act of running focccus seemed to affect my factory fit cc. It's probably not your issue though I think you'd have figured it out...

• Like 1

We tried several 'restart' of the car.

There must be something else to check on diesel engine.. damn.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club