Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3.5 Cruise Control Fitting

JamieSMcC

I have finally got around to swapping my wheel over! The cruise buttons all light up, but have not managed to access the BCM yet (due to my aftermarket immobiliser), so the buttons don't yet work! Has anyone had any more luck with a Petrol powered Focus yet?

new.jpg

I think I have read a few people who have done this fine on a petrol Focus but I’m not sure what ages so don’t know if it’s a age related thing or a hardware issue. 

Let us know how you get on!

• 4 weeks later...

Cruise is now activated!

After many failed attempts with both Focccus and Forscan, I managed to borrow someone's UCDS dongle and software and we activated cruise in minutes on my car. I tested it on the drive home and it works perfectly.

https://www.ucdsys.ru/?lang=en

The Russians that sell this software are slow to respond, but they will respond eventually and the software works! We used the version with the extended license.

The process is the same as above - turn cruise control on and also activate ASL (as detailed in page 2 of this thread), then write to the BCM.

• Like 3

Great news. So did you buy the adaptor directly from that site or is there another supplier?

UCDS supply their own adaptors (beware fakes on eBay). You buy the software and hardware as part of a bundle, for either €126 for the basic license, or the extended license for €212. I actually borrowed the laptop, software and OBD hardware this time.

I am currently trying to buy the equipment myself so I can fiddle with some other settings, but it's a slow process!

From my brief look at the software it is a cut above any of the free options out there and allows you to specify which car you are looking at (from the majority of the worldwide Ford range).

Hello been following this and my steering wheel is arriving this week, just wondering, I have a 1.5tdci zetec , has anyone had any joy fitting cruise control on one yet. I'm hoping I don't have to buy a UCDS as I have a modified ELM and was hoping this would work.

I have search for another 2017 Focus St Line on the net and got its licence plate and vin numbers, so i can order a new steering wheel. As that Focus have cruise control, the replacement Steering wheel should come with all the buttons and cables, right?
So, today i went to the dealership and ordered it, 270€:blink: is the price to pay, delivery time, unknow... it went to backorder, whatever that means...

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:23 PM, ChrisCh said:

UCDS supply their own adaptors (beware fakes on eBay). You buy the software and hardware as part of a bundle, for either €126 for the basic license, or the extended license for €212. I actually borrowed the laptop, software and OBD hardware this time.

I am currently trying to buy the equipment myself so I can fiddle with some other settings, but it's a slow process!

From my brief look at the software it is a cut above any of the free options out there and allows you to specify which car you are looking at (from the majority of the worldwide Ford range).

Do you know the diference between the basic and the extended license?

Should the basic be enough to activate cruise control?

Not sure! I have purchased the extended license just in case.

I bought my new steering wheel for around £230, so €270 euros seems about right.

So Chris, can I assume that you tried activating it with Forscan and Focccus in the normal ways and even though the BCM showed the changes, it didn’t work? But then you have done it with this other kit and it’s worked?

ill happily buy it if I can convince myself it will work but just worried because it seems to be a lot of diesel owners having trouble!

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:43 PM, ChrisCh said:

Not sure! I have purchased the extended license just in case.

I bought my new steering wheel for around £230, so €270 euros seems about right.

Thanks Chris.

On 11/8/2017 at 7:06 PM, Harni said:

So Chris, can I assume that you tried activating it with Forscan and Focccus in the normal ways and even though the BCM showed the changes, it didn’t work? But then you have done it with this other kit and it’s worked?

ill happily buy it if I can convince myself it will work but just worried because it seems to be a lot of diesel owners having trouble!

To be honest, neither Focccus or Forscan could actually access the BCM at all. Both had security errors as soon as I tried to read the BCM. No errors at all with UCDS.

I've got a dongle and the extended licence currently being shipped to me (from St Petersburg), so you're more than welcome to have a go with those if you're ever in the greater London area

@ChrisCh It is not an issue of the Forscan and Focccus that they read BCM with dificulty...it is the problem of the ELM327 cable with slow chip.

Try to use your UCDS cable to read with Forscan or Focccuss (it is compatible) and you will see that you will have no issues. The same applies to a better quality ELM cables not the chinese ones with manual switch with costs 15-40Pounds. ELM cables that are better quality have a STN chip and not the FTDI.

@Bannko I have just installed a new wheel tried to activate the CC on the BCM and nothing, it also wouldn't read the IPC at all just giving an error code ,I have currently this cable

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132183169449

I have just found this one 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F151933080392

It has the STN chip fitted and it seems to be the only one I can find , do you think this will work in activating the CC.

Thanks

You must please post here what error specifically you have because it might have nothing to do with cable and it will be then just waste of money.

The advantage of the ucds cable is the software that is actually provided with the cable.it is waaay better than the focccus or forscan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bannko said:

You must please post here what error specifically you have because it might have nothing to do with cable and it will be then just waste of money.

The advantage of the ucds cable is the software that is actually provided with the cable.it is waaay better than the focccus or forscan. 

Hello the fault code on forscan is unable to identify vehicle please contact developer's.

And on focccus is unknown ECU HW F1ET-14F094-BB. But I could connect to the BCM just not the IPC.

This error has for real nothing to with cable quality. So your elm is totally OK. 

I guess it is about the calibration vbs file that is either missing or is not currently available. Forscan support is really helpful and will reply you always. 

So i really can recommend to contact them via:

http://www.forscan.org/contactus.html

And read the info...how exactly you should contact them. So you know exactly if their SW will support your car. ;) 

On 13/11/2017 at 4:20 PM, ChrisCh said:

To be honest, neither Focccus or Forscan could actually access the BCM at all. Both had security errors as soon as I tried to read the BCM. No errors at all with UCDS.

I've got a dongle and the extended licence currently being shipped to me (from St Petersburg), so you're more than welcome to have a go with those if you're ever in the greater London area

Chris, do you have a 1.5 diesel focus which you have activated cruise on?

im wondering if Ford have moved the bytes used in the BCM to indicate if it has cruise or not and because of that, Forscan and Focccus aren’t changing the right bytes? It’s interesting that it works with a different bit of software!

where abouts in London are you based?

I'm wondering the same thing, finally got my forscan and focccus to connect to the car changed the values and nothing 1.5 tdci 2015 model, now looking and finding someone with UCDS as it costs too much for me just to do the CC activation

On 11/18/2017 at 7:45 PM, Harni said:

Chris, do you have a 1.5 diesel focus which you have activated cruise on?

im wondering if Ford have moved the bytes used in the BCM to indicate if it has cruise or not and because of that, Forscan and Focccus aren’t changing the right bytes? It’s interesting that it works with a different bit of software!

where abouts in London are you based?

It's petrol I'm afraid! It does look though that there is a difference between the way petrol and diesel Focus' are coded for cruise. I wonder if it's additional hardware or just different coding?

Still waiting for my UCDS to arrive, hopefully should arrive this week. I'm in SE London

• 3 weeks later...

Chris have you had a chance to play with your UCDS yet? I’m wondering if this is the key to sorting this or if it worked because you have a petrol focus!

UCDS has arrived and it works. The only options I get for Cruise are either disabled, normal cruise, or adaptive cruise. No sign of any special options for Diesel.

I will have another go tonight to see if I can find anything.

On a completely different note, it also works for my 2009 Fiesta, so if I can source a new steering wheel I could add cruise there too!

These are the options I get in UCDS (attached) [no cruise, cruise, adaptive cruise]

There is also an option to change the fuel type of the car further up - petrol, diesel, hybrid... not sure if that would  help cruise though.

asbuilt.jpg

One thing that I have noticed is that there is a different profile between 2015 onward Focus' and 2015.25 Focus.. Mine is the latter. This might explain why cruise doesn't enable as the profile is slightly different on your car?

cartypes.JPG