Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3.5 Cruise Control Fitting

JamieSMcC

10 hours ago, thesmellypocket said:

Hi Tebba, I've been trying to activate cc on my focus 1.5 tdci zetec. Steering wheel changed and everything, but like most couldn't get the software to work, well my brother couldn't, after doing it on his 10 year old Focus. I'm in Redditch, so not far away, could we arrange a meeting? John. 

Hi John, 

If your prepared to come to me and with some beer tokens (£25) I don't mind, pm me 👍

• Like 2

On 12/27/2018 at 8:06 PM, Tebba said:

I'm in the Midlands near Walsall and would be willing to help but probably too far for you to travel? 🤔 

Many Thanks to Tebba for activating my CC via UCDS today on my Focus 1.5 TDCI 2016. 

It was well worth the journey up to Walsall. 

Thanks again Tebba.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Paulb190 said:

Many Thanks to Tebba for activating my CC via UCDS today on my Focus 1.5 TDCI 2016. 

It was well worth the journey up to Walsall. 

Thanks again Tebba.  

No problem Paulb, glad to help 👍

• Like 2

Hello, I have tried to activate the Cruise control in February 2018 without results… somebody figured it out yet?

20 minutes ago, diegospeed said:

Hello, I have tried to activate the Cruise control in February 2018 without results… somebody figured it out yet?

yes you need the UCDS adaptor and software as no other program can do this 

On 1/12/2019 at 1:54 PM, diegospeed said:

Yes, drive over to me and I'll do it for you for £25, a lot cheaper than buying your own UCDS 👍

• Like 1

Someone tryed to use the aliexpress version (V1.26.008)?? Someone can sell the right cable+software (used, because the original is very expansive)...

On 1/17/2019 at 5:31 AM, Black79 said:

Someone tryed to use the aliexpress version (V1.26.008)?? Someone can sell the right cable+software (used, because the original is very expansive)...

Last thing you want to do is buy a fake device from Aliexpress.

Money wasted, trust me.

• Like 1

So as previously attempted I was unsuccessful in getting cc working on my 2.0 tdci, I even asked the dealer to do it but the tech said I was missing a module and couldn't get it to work, will this work if I buy the ucds adapter/software I'm asking I need the adapter + 1 token package so €110 plus delivery? 

On 12/31/2018 at 9:38 AM, Tebba said:

Hi John, 

If your prepared to come to me and with some beer tokens (£25) I don't mind, pm me 👍

Would just like to say a big thank you to Paul for installing CC on my Ford Focus 1.5 TDCi, today. Best £25 I've spent for along time, everything went smoothly, I was apprehensive about messing with my car, but he sure knows his stuff. Thanks again, mate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thesmellypocket said:

Would just like to say a big thank you to Paul for installing CC on my Ford Focus 1.5 TDCi, today. Best £25 I've spent for along time, everything went smoothly, I was apprehensive about messing with my car, but he sure knows his stuff. Thanks again, mate. 

Cheers John, enjoy your cruise control 👍

• 5 weeks later...

Very thanks to evryone!! I buyed the UCDS and finally intalled the CC on 1.5 diesel!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyone in Ireland that can do this ? I have a 1.6 tdci zetec focus ! (Preferably near dublin)

On 3/18/2019 at 9:12 PM, Andrew8576 said:

Is there anyone in Ireland that can do this ? I have a 1.6 tdci zetec focus ! (Preferably near dublin)

I just got it done here in Donegal if thats any use to you!

On 3/21/2019 at 5:05 PM, jimmad said:

I just got it done here in Donegal if thats any use to you!

I've actually ordered one myself, Thank you though!

is it just like using FoCCCus or is there something I need to look out for ? 

I ordered the level 1 module, they provided a demo licence with 20 limit, you'll need to get this of them as its tied to your module, thats if you havnt ordered the extended licence.

its straight forward and user friendly, god bless the ruskies :) let me know if you need anything sure.

Paul.

On 12/15/2018 at 4:49 PM, Frank125 said:

I've received quite a few messages regarding installation/enabling Cruise Control on a Focus 1.5 TDCi.

As mentioned before I've added CC switch(FINIS 1851411) to my existing steering wheel(SW).
Also worth noting that for Focus 3.5 ford doesn't supply wiring loom for CC however as you'll see in the next description there is a way to get around that.

These were my steps:

I will not get into details on how to disconnect battery, remove trim and airbag. It has been described on this forum more than well.

Once faced with wiring on SW it will become obvious that to the left SW switch(this switch will be replaced by new CC switch) leads 4 circuit receptacle however to the new CC switch it is necessary to obtain proper 8 circuits (for 8 pin) receptacle. This connector is Molex MINI50 0347910080. 
You'll also need to get proper connectors for crimping on both sides (note that 16 pin connector on SW - eg.RS 718-7145 has different ones than 8 pin on CC receptacle - eg.Mouser 560023-0421).

Connect wires according to the wiring schematic below. Colours don't matter, follow the location of wires.

You'll also need to cut a chunk of the steering wheel to fit new CC switch.

Put it all back together. What follows next is what probably most of you are waiting for. 

Software update/adjustment:
I used original UCDS software which is very straightforward and easy to do with once you know what has to be done.
Firstly it is important to save all current settings into a file as a backup. 
Then it is necessary to change AsBuilt file, mine was line 23 CC to WITH CRUISE CONTROL. Save AsBuilt.
Write AsBuilt into BCMii. In my case it was also necessary to write Asbuilt Backup to IPC.

Lastly I had to update PCM - DirectConfig, Focus 1.5Tdci, 19:config data - 00, cruise control

At this point CC has been fully operational.

Note: some of you might have to also change Adjustable Speed Limiter in AsBuilt and PCM.

Special thanks to guys from RS forum:
Ben, Chris
and also to Q u i t y 3

With this description it will still require a bit of time however you should be able to get it done. Especially knowing suppliers/manufacturer numbers of components - that happened to be a very tedious process. 

Good luck.

Frank

F4ED88C6-29F6-45B2-87F4-43B34BDDCA02.jpeg

338C1677-73C2-4CBD-BAF0-B648F19997A3.jpeg

8A3EDFFC-4356-4600-A5A1-B2969961BE24.jpeg

HI, 

I have Focus MK3 2014.
Is the mentioned pinout is the same on Focus mk3 patrol 1.6 engine?

On 4/4/2019 at 12:54 PM, amitshmil said:

Lastly I had to update PCM - DirectConfig, Focus 1.5Tdci, 19:config data - 00, cruise control

I've done everything but this, and it's not working. 

How exactly do I do this?

Thanks 

Andrew

2 minutes ago, Andrew8576 said:

I've done everything but this, and it's not working. 

How exactly do I do this?

Thanks 

Andrew

You need to use UCDS to do this. 

Paul W 

20 minutes ago, Tebba said:

You need to use UCDS to do this. 

Paul W 

On 4/4/2019 at 12:54 PM, amitshmil said:

I have ucds,  but I don't know which screen to go to etc 

On 12/19/2018 at 7:56 PM, Tezza said:

Enable cruise control to a focus diesel using UCDS

First go into asbuilt editor 

1.thumb.jpg.9dd10e6321f604df5d354581a3d8a0eb.jpg

Choose the correct vehicle (focus 3 2015) then click next 

2.thumb.jpg.f58a4a29a3131f69fd521f8778778ea4.jpg

Click read from BCMi

4.thumb.jpg.937fb460ac29a986c586b43817291471.jpg

Changed asbuilt lines  23 to with cruise control    

3.thumb.jpg.cf1984d2fb4b4b0b7e15cf1562d0f372.jpg

line 224 to with ASL

5.thumb.jpg.35848b14dbb1205cd541fdfe90f77b68.jpg

Now click write asbuilt to BCMi   dash will do its thing  when its finished click write asbuilt backup to IPC  dash will do it thing again (dont worry about faults that show)

Then go into direct configuration 

6.thumb.jpg.afa4969544b9d1cde658f117fd3b7e00.jpg

Choose correct vehicle (focus 3 2015-2018)

7.thumb.jpg.66afa1df74b08c45410018ea0b48e2ae.jpg

Find your PCM type

8.thumb.jpg.b794b7b67479df126e966f00fd6881d5.jpg

Click on 13 config data DE00 

Select line 38 select and change to "Cruise control "

Select Line 39 select ASL

9.thumb.jpg.c57ec218564d75ab804c98f020102a12.jpg

Then click Write to module  

Now you will have Cruise control 

Andrew8576 follow this guide

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club