Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whistling noise from passenger side somewhere

Danny1589

Hi im new to this forum. And hopefully you guys and girls can help. I have a 1.25 ford fiesta zetech 65plate and its done 19k miles. Since its been cold when i start the car in the morning and set off when i rev the car and accelerate i hear a high pitch noise like a dentists drill from somewhere on the passenger side. It generally only lasts untill the car warms up so a few minutes. Is this normal? Or do i need to do something? 

Many thanks. Dan

Dont know if its normal but my wifes 65 plate 1.25 does it too. Its fairly faint though.

When i googled it a lot of stuff came up so i think its fairly common. When it happens the radio is also mega quiet. 

28 minutes ago, Danny1589 said:

When i googled it a lot of stuff came up so i think its fairly common. When it happens the radio is also mega quiet. 

Do you mean the radio lowers in volume or just that youve only noticed it when the radio is at a low volume? Im sure mine is coming from under the bonnet.

The radio goes quiet untill the car warms up. Once the car is up to temp it stops and radio returns to normal. It sounds like it is coming from under the glove box area  ish. 

1 hour ago, Danny1589 said:

The radio goes quiet untill the car warms up. Once the car is up to temp it stops and radio returns to normal. It sounds like it is coming from under the glove box area  ish. 

That's not normal.

I'd get it in to a dealer. Might need to drop it off the night before if it's a cold start issue.

Or maybe video it to show them.

Radio should only ever automatically drop in volume with parking sensors or sat nav voice.

Electrical gremlin, possibly a poor connection suffering from condensation?

It's under warranty so Ford should sort it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club