Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Seats

Ja1973

I have Titanium (lux). The heated seats don't warm up much. Has anyone else noticed it or do I need to book it in to a dealer. My wife's Fiesta ST warms not only your backside up. But also your lower back. TIA

I hate asking the obvious but you would be amazed how often the basics get overlooked on here.

Anyway, here goes - Are they adjustable and is it on the highest setting?

Dont be offended!:wink:

Something wrong there I put mine on the lowest setting and its virtually burning my rear end after a couple minutes never gone above the first setting I would take it back to the stealer !

Let us know how you get on Ja1973 as mine aren't that hot either. I have the Sport with Lux so I assumed it was because the cloth might not transfer heat as well as leather (the heated bit is Dinamica).

My seats are cloth as I refused to pay the cost of leather and as I said previously mine get so hot after a couple of mintutes on the lowest setting I turn them off one of the better attributes of the car.

I've since been in another Lux pack car and the heated seats were also not great. I've also been in a cloth car and they were good. Maybe the Lux pack ones aren't so great; to do with the cooled seat combination? 

Thanks for that JGB. That's really annoying. I had heated/cooled seats on a Mondeo a few years ago. They worked really well. Although I really like the Edge I wish I'd waited until there were a few more on the roads in the UK. it reminds me of 2006 when I bought an Smax that was riddled with faults and the service department at the local dealer couldn't resolve.

I know how you feel. I know I'm gonna have a battle on my hands with Ford with the annoying throttle noise I've got. Raised it direct with Ford (forget the dealers) so let's see how it goes.

It's always a gamble with a new model. My previous car was one of the first mark 7 Golfs and was perfect ... but it certainly increases the risk to be the first to buy. 

• 2 weeks later...

My driver heated seat has just failed. It used to get hot quickly, now takes forever to get warm. Lux pack. 

Add it to the ever increasing list of faults! 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine don't get very hot either,  had drivers one on the other day,  and totally forgot it was on,

I'll try a couple in work when I get the chance 

My heated seats are really bad at heating up, had the kuga before the edge and they were great, as for being a new model the edge has been in america for years they have just brought it to the uk with a few tweaks  for our roads.

So you'd think what with it being tried and tested, all the faults would have been ironed out before releasing here! Mmm! 

18 hours ago, Kylinski said:

So you'd think what with it being tried and tested, all the faults would have been ironed out before releasing here! Mmm! 

What ? A new Ford without faults ! That will be a 1st then. I have only gone back to Ford 3 years ago after some dreadfull cars in the 90's but after this Edge goes in 3 years I cant see me having another one.

6 hours ago, sbird1975 said:

Be thankful you didn't get an audi then lol

Audi we know them around here as CIA'S !

• 2 weeks later...

Ja did the Ford dealer ever sort your heated seats, as i have a Titanium lux pack and mine dont get very warm either.

Just got a call from the dealer. They have found no fault. 

Funny that. They said the same about my leaking pan roof. 

Back in again for the same problem. 

I know it's St. David's day but I don't need any leeks thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2017 at 1:01 PM, Ja1973 said:

Just got a call from the dealer. They have found no fault. 

Mine heat seat and lower back - they get a "nice warm" on highest setting. 

Mine take twice as long to heat up than my focus did and dont get nearly as warm. 

Mine take a while to heat up- a long while- but are warm when they get there. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club