Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Immobiliser active

Debsjd

Hi I have the titanium and the other day it just wouldn't start. It was turning over but not firing any ideas what that could be? So got a mechanic who disconnected the battery for about 10 mins then when he connected it the immobiliser active came on the dash and it won't even turn over now any ideas?  Thanks 

8 hours ago, Debsjd said:

Hi I have the titanium and the other day it just wouldn't start. It was turning over but not firing any ideas what that could be? So got a mechanic who disconnected the battery for about 10 mins then when he connected it the immobiliser active came on the dash and it won't even turn over now any ideas?  Thanks 

Kick the mechanic not the mechanicals and try again 😉

can't believe mechanic left you with a worse problem then went away

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, been trying to post on various sites regarding focus immobiliser. Hope this is helpful to anyone with a problem. I locked myonly key in the boot area of myfocus estate and paid locksmith £130 to retrieve. After he left my engine wouldn't even try to turn over even though all dashboard lights came on and radio worked. Tried the option of turning key three times in four seconds then pressing fob button but to no avail. Eventually a friend suggested inserting key into ignition to position one, leaving it there for a minute then try turning to starting position. It worked for me. Hope this gets through and saves someone an expensive Ford solution. Good luck.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi just wondered if any one had any advice my ford galaxy was running perfectly not a problem was pumping the tires up using boot charger tried to start but nothing immobiliser active and engine malfunction showing will not start at all any advice welcome thanks

33 minutes ago, Sham said:

Hi just wondered if any one had any advice my ford galaxy was running perfectly not a problem was pumping the tires up using boot charger tried to start but nothing immobiliser active and engine malfunction showing will not start at all any advice welcome thanks

Is the milage and outside temperature display blank also? This would indicate the car has lost communication to the PCM (ECU) first thing would be to check the fuses in the BJB and then check the PCM is getting lives and earths. If all okay I'd say it's a PCM (had a few these fail)