Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dtc codes on parking sensor module

volkom

Just repalced  a  rear sensor on my  2006 focus estate . Still have same issue . 3 second long beep  then nothing.

I have read that  the control module has dtc  codes..

They are around 50 quid to replace on eBay..  

Dont want to spend that much. If  there is a problem  with the wiring loom.

Its not the sensor.  Tried it on another connector.

3 click and vibrate.  One does not. 

quite often its the wiring that corrodes through somewhere in the harness.

check the sensor connector if you have a multi meter.which of the 4 does not work?

Im pressuming its a wire/ connector issue. The one I have bought to replace  the one  i thought had failed works on  other connectors. 

Its  the second one from left  looking at rear of car.

Although the wiring loom looks ok.  Which is why im thinking that the module has failed. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 07/01/2017 at 9:11 PM, volkom said:

m pressuming its a wire/ connector issue. The one I have bought to replace  the one  i thought had failed works on  other connectors. 

I would replace the whole worn out Ford set with a low cost aftermarket one. It will be much cheaper than just a single Ford sensor, and I dread to think what a Ford Stealer would want for the wiring loom. Just not worth it!

See:

• Like 1

Could be corroded anywhere from the connector to sensor to the multi plug. Quite often it's at a random point in harness. You can figure it out quite easily with a multimeter. Best way is disconect harness from sensor and multi plug
end . Then unclip from bumper area. Then you can test on a workbench or kitchen table in the warm and repair as necessary.

I do not think i am able  to take the whole loom out.  Part of it goes through to battery etc.  Its all meshed together. .can it be where the multi plug direct from sensor .where that is meshed into the rest of the loom ??   Surly  the wires from main multi plug are not wired in seperatly.  The other 3 work.  So it must  be on the spur  to the dogdy connecter.  If that makes sense 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club