Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen washer jets

Lee Yeomans

Hi just joined the owners club and was just wondering if anyone can help please, I've got a 15reg focus 1.0L eco boost and its got the new fan style windscreen washer jets on and they are pants to say the least, drivers side doesn't even reach up to half way on windscreen and no way to adjust them. I've been back to my local ford main dealer to sort, no real luck. I asked the head service guy if I could swap these new style ones for the old style ones that you can put a pin in the nozzle to adjust, but was told quite firmly that they can't be fitted as they are a different fitting to what the new ones are, they look exactly the same size and shape to me. Just wondering if anyone knows if they can be swapped out.I know they still put the old style on new cars as there was a brand new fiesta ST in the showroom with the old ones on.

many thanks in advance 

Lee

•  
  •  
  •  

Your Ford guy is talking balls.
The fit is exactly the same and has been for about 20 years.
You just need to make sure that you choose the right ones depending on whether your current nozzles are heated or not.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Many thanks, I did find it hard to believe that they would actually change the fittings after all this time, still can't get my head round how they also thought it was a good idea to put these fan type jets on, when the old style work with no hassle and they adjusted, not like crap fan ones with no adjustment, mine on my focus spray onto the bottom half of the screen and no screen wash gets to the top half unless half empty the reservoir.!! Will screen shot this for when I go back to the garage on Wednesday. Thanks again 

The new mist type washer jets should work without a problems. The Focus MK3/MK3.5 have the mist type washer jets as standard in combination with a high pressure pump. On lower vehicle speeds the mist type washer jets should cover the whole windscreen. If they only cover half of the screen there is something wrong. This can be caused by a defective pump or dirt inside the hoses or washer jets.

Older Ford models did have the spray type washer jets in combination with a lower pressure pump.

Combining the old spray type washer jets with the Focus MK3/MK3.5 high pressure pump will cause the reservoir to be empty very soon.

Again thanks for the info, I travel on quite a dirty road that gets a lot of agricultural vehicles down, so this time of year it's a horrible road, when I squirt the screenwash it lands on the screen right in my eye line which isn't particularly helpful especially when it's dark and no street lights as such which to me makes it quite dangerous.!

Thanks again for the info

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club