Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Digital radio station not available issue

bennett346

I'm looking for some advice/comment on an issue I have with my week old lease fiesta titanium x  (Sony head unit). The digital radio finds stations but every single one of them cuts out every couple of seconds and mutes, showing station not available, then finds it again, then loses it. FM radio doesn't cut out but the quality is poor.

I've tried angling the antenna at various angles, tried listening with the engine off, but still the same issue. Where am I going wrong? I know it's not bad signal from the source as my last car found all the dab stations in my area and played them fine with no issues.

Would I be within my right to complain to the lease company or is it a case of user error!

Seems like an aerial connection issue.  Take it back to the garage for repair under warranty.

However, if you are expecting the DAB radio to be any good, you're going to be disappointed.  It's completely and utterly rubbish.  Even in proper working order, it's next to unusable if you want to change stations anything faster than slooooowwwwly.  Sometimes it takes me 30 seconds to change stations and I am told this is normal!

Thanks. It's a bit dissapointing if that's the case as my last car worked fine in the same area! 

I'll maybe take a video of it and send to the lease broker. 

Believe me - it's more than a bit disappointing!  I live in London which has some of the strongest DAB signals.

To be honest I'd be as well to just set a radio station on my phone and use bluetooth audio, I just couldn't change it while driving then. 

I use the amazon music app in my car. Select the playlist, hit play, and you never have to touch the phone again as you can change tracks using the steering wheel controls.

That said, it sometimes drops out (either because of phone signal or the Sync has frozen) and then you need to restart it playing on your phone.

I gave up on the dab radio a week after I got the car. FM is far superior quality to dab anyway. The only advantage I can see to the current dab system used in the uk is to provide more channels. I only listen to about 3 or 4 anyway and they are all available on the superior and more reliable  FM waveband. Dab is a joke.

i have the Sony unit and is spot on for me,a lot don't like it but i do as i can get programs on DAB that i cant get on FM.

I have put my little Richmond stubby aerial on and works ok,you will have a few dead spots but most of the time mine is fine.

I gave my connection on the roof a good clean as mine did play up at first but now a lot better,says  ''station not available'' but seems better now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club