Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is this?

Jonanstee

I was going through my dash last night trying to decide what else needs painting when I came across these two sets of wires that don't go to anything. Does anyone know what they're for?

IMG_3296.JPG

• Like 2

I think Wiring for heated seats and passage air bag switch on or off not fitted on your car:smile:

• Like 2

From left to right it's usually PAB deactivation light, front demist, rear demist and ESP activation light if all functions fitted.
On a CC model the far right one woukd be for the roof.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

So if I could find the buttons to install would everything work just like that? Or is there more to it? 

• Like 1

I believe the ESP needs a little more than a button to get working, I don't think it has the correct connections, heated seats will require a load of extra work as would heated demist front and rear, i think the passenger airbag deactivation is straightforward though

• Like 1

they do this so they can use a common wiring loom and not make infinite number of different looms for each trim level/options. apart from other bits missing that have been mentioned there could also be relevant fuses and relays (the square plastic boxes that plug into the fusebox)  missing.

• Like 1

An airbag deactivation system also requires the key switch in the glovebox and activation.
Some Ford dealers will do this on signing a disclaimer but majority will refuse.
I think it can be done with Forscan, ELM Config or Foccus software though.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

So yeah.. I'm just going to leave it how it is 😂😂. What's your guys opinion on painting that bit though? Seen photos of it done but undecided if I want to do it or not

• Like 1

i have installed esp .just a case of running wires from the switch to under the battery . ive also installed heated seats .just a case of running wires from under the seat to switch and wires from fuse box to the seat connector

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

i have installed esp .just a case of running wires from the switch to under the battery . ive also installed heated seats .just a case of running wires from under the seat to switch and wires from fuse box to the seat connector

I'm interested in the heated seats. Do you have any photos of where you had to run the wires? 

Just now, Jonanstee said:

I'm interested in the heated seats. Do you have any photos of where you had to run the wires? 

my focus is a 09 titanium . i could get some when the weather gets better

2 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

my focus is a 09 titanium . i could get some when the weather gets better

I have a 2006 lx. Going to assume because it's a lx there is a lot more that needs to be done than just running a wire? 

23 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

I have a 2006 lx. Going to assume because it's a lx there is a lot more that needs to be done than just running a wire? 

i would think so .have a look see if you have the plugs for the heated seats behind as in first post

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club