Do Not Sell My Personal Information

voice commands

mr rugby

I have a strange problem.

Intermittantly, when using voice control to operate cd player/radio etc, the female voice, prompts and repeats my commands but often will not carry out the final instruction, such as to play "track 3" or the radio frequency required.

8 times out of 10 the system behaves the remainder it will be stubborn.

Now before anyone says she has not understood my voice........then why does she correctly repeat what I have said,........ she just doesn't do it.

She completes each stage expect the last final command.

Does anyone have any ideas or similar experiences,

Cheers,

mr rugby

• 5 months later...

I have a strange problem.

Intermittantly, when using voice control to operate cd player/radio etc, the female voice, prompts and repeats my commands but often will not carry out the final instruction, such as to play "track 3" or the radio frequency required.

8 times out of 10 the system behaves the remainder it will be stubborn.

Now before anyone says she has not understood my voice........then why does she correctly repeat what I have said,........ she just doesn't do it.

She completes each stage expect the last final command.

Does anyone have any ideas or similar experiences,

Cheers,

mr rugby

Hello Mr Rugby,

I don't know how old your car is but, with all the power off try running a vacuum cleaner over the microphone. I hope this doesn't sound daft but I have a Jaguar with climate, and the aspirator/cabin temperature sensor has to be cleaned from time to time to remove the dust from the sensor.

Doug,

Ashford.

• 7 months later...

I have had something similar happen quick question, does it work if you manually select these things? I had an issue when I would get the same as you. would get a reply and nothing would happen but the radio wouldn't respond either. I found that by letting the radio shut down completely (get out, lock the car and wait for the display to go off) the problem went away. I assume you have the sony DAB radio fitted

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club