Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sony TV and Bluetooth earphones advice.

jace1969

I have had this Sony TV for a few months now but can you add bluetooth earphones,i have tried with no joy,its the 50'' with all the stuff on it.

Is the only way a u.s.b Receiver/earphones way,i have my old Samsung 40'' but that's great for adding stuff as i went into the Menu

(the menu you should not no about) and changed it to use any third party bluetooth but nothing i can find on the Sony,has anyone found

any options as i keep getting told Sony bluetooth is only for stuff like

sound bars etc,any help at all would be great or the secret menu like on the Samsung.

To answer my own question lol........I have just had a reply from the Sony forum stating the Sony t.v's don't have the right A2DP in the system and aint

got a clue what that is but they gave a few links to an item to add to solve this,i will add the link below but has anyone had to go the same way.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231050769203?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

On 1/9/2017 at 11:58 AM, jace1969 said:

To answer my own question lol........I have just had a reply from the Sony forum stating the Sony t.v's don't have the right A2DP in the system and aint

got a clue what that is but they gave a few links to an item to add to solve this,i will add the link below but has anyone had to go the same way.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231050769203?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

A2DP is a bluetooth standard (or rather profile), used to stream stereo audio between two devices. If it hasn't got it, chances are that you're out of luck with trying to pair it with bluetooth headphones.

However it's not the end of the world - you can buy a device like the one below to solve your problems - I bought one for my slightly outdated amplifier that doesn't have bluetooth built in, and it's great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Streaming-Wireless-Receiver-Speakers/dp/B01CZVCYU0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484079588&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=bluetooth+adapter&psc=1

16 hours ago, Incontro said:

A2DP is a bluetooth standard (or rather profile), used to stream stereo audio between two devices. If it hasn't got it, chances are that you're out of luck with trying to pair it with bluetooth headphones.

However it's not the end of the world - you can buy a device like the one below to solve your problems - I bought one for my slightly outdated amplifier that doesn't have bluetooth built in, and it's great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Streaming-Wireless-Receiver-Speakers/dp/B01CZVCYU0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484079588&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=bluetooth+adapter&psc=1

This looks neater than you one i put on here,does it need power and also can it be left on 24/7 if so as its behind the t.v and hard to get to the plugs.

So looking at it you just press the button to search the earphones as this is what i would use it for,will this work for bluetooth earphones as the

one i have put on here is from the the Sony forum,the TV has this A2DP as it works for bluetooth sound bars/Android remote but not sound

as something about it don't have the right files to output sound.

Reading into it on amazon this is a receiver and wont send signal like audio to earphones as i need a transmitter,well amazon says.

15 hours ago, jace1969 said:

This looks neater than you one i put on here,does it need power and also can it be left on 24/7 if so as its behind the t.v and hard to get to the plugs.

So looking at it you just press the button to search the earphones as this is what i would use it for,will this work for Bluetooth earphones as the

one i have put on here is from the the Sony forum,the TV has this A2DP as it works for Bluetooth sound bars/Android remote but not sound

as something about it don't have the right files to output sound.

Reading into it on Amazon this is a receiver and wont send signal like audio to earphones as i need a transmitter,well Amazon says.

Yup, my bad!! You're completely correct. I was very tired yesterday, wasn't thinking clearly lol.

Did you try and see if there's such transmitters on amazon?

Not a problem,well i looked at the ones on amazon and there about £5 or so more but this link i put on here got something like 99.9% positive on eBay and there are

2 of them,the link i put on here and another which is the same style and both 99.9 and reading i cant see any negative on the item itself and both from the same area.

Just was seeing if anyone on here the same problem with the Sony TVs.

If you are going to be using the transmitter a lot I would recommend buying a decent one, most charge via USB and will work while charging. You can plug it in behind the tv to the 3.5mm jack and then plug the USB into a port on your tv, everything will be hidden then.

You will need to remove the transmitter from the jack when you want to listen to the TV Speakers as the Jack will over ride the internal Speakers, however some TVs have an option to run both which is what you would need to do if leaving it plugged in. That menu is often hidden until something is plugged in to the jack.

Get one with a very low 'latency'. This is the time it takes for the sound to go from source to transmitter to receiver. If you get a bluetooth transmitter it will output to any paired bluetooth speaker, sound bar, earphones, even your car stereo if bluetooth enabled!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

If you are going to be using the transmitter a lot I would recommend buying a decent one, most charge via USB and will work while charging. You can plug it in behind the tv to the 3.5mm jack and then plug the USB into a port on your tv, everything will be hidden then.

You will need to remove the transmitter from the jack when you want to listen to the TV speakers as the Jack will over ride the internal speakers, however some TVs have an option to run both which is what you would need to do if leaving it plugged in. That menu is often hidden until something is plugged in to the jack.

Get one with a very low 'latency'. This is the time it takes for the sound to go from source to transmitter to receiver. If you get a Bluetooth transmitter it will output to any paired Bluetooth speaker, sound bar, earphones, even your car stereo if Bluetooth enabled!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats a very good point and thanks for saying about the removing the plug if i want sound through the TV,i totally forgot about that.

Why cant Sony just do it so the bluetooth works on earphones or they have a secret menu like Samsung have and set to 'use third party' through bluetooth.

Good advice cheers.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club