Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dirty Focus

SuttonRider

I cleaned and polished the car over the weekend, took it out of the garage this morning, drove 2 miles on good roads in the light rain and now the back end looks like its been down a farm track. I've never had a car like it. Do we all get this? Is there any mod that would keep the back end clean'ish?

I hope you waxed or sealed it after the polish...  It won't stop the dirt but it'll be easier to wash off and even heavyish rain removes the worst of it.

It's to do with aerodynamics and a specific low pressure area behind the car, the dirt is basically sucked into that area as you drive.

• Like 2

More the time of year than anything else - mines got the full on "Rally slag" mudflap kit and it still looks like a tractors been at the back of it after a mile on the roads.

• Like 1

I fitted mudflaps for the winter, Although still gets really dirty. Just the time of the year.

Mud flaps literally don't make any difference, mine has them as well. :laugh:

IMG_20170103_145653005.jpg

scJP779.jpg?1 

i wouldnt bother with a full polish / seal / wax during dec , jan & feb on a car thats to used daily , it stays clean for all of 5 minutes as youve found out.

a quick maintenance wash every month is all thats worth doing at this time of year.

i wait till april to do a full paintwork renovation so i at least get a few weeks to enjoy the many hours effort it takes after the road gritting season has finished.

• Like 1

Colour: Silver

Sealed after polish.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It's to do with aerodynamics and a specific low pressure area behind the car, the dirt is basically sucked into that area as you drive.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here.

I agree Biff55, but I was board, it passed a few hours. I normally do it around April and October.

Thanks for all the good input guys.

Yes it's very frustrating the back end getting so dirty. 

I like a clean car , so end up washing it more in the winter than summer. Sometimes I think , right I'll just give the back end of the car a quick wash, but then OCD kicks in and end up cleaning the whole car lol. Neighbours must think I'm barmy. 

Ive got the standard mudflaps on too , but don't seem to make any difference. 

• Like 1

Oh crap

I bought some mud flaps the other day to stop it looking like I have been rallying.

I hoped that would help but maybe they won't.

Have not got around to fitting them yet.

Never had a such dirtcollector as my focus. I have had 4 fiestas before my focus and no one ficked up so much dirt on the back as the focus.

A big disapointment. On a wet and dirty road now in the winter the window is full of water/dirt after 2-300 m. The same in summer, 100 m on a unpaved road and the back is covered in dust. A really bad design. The designer must have been drunk or high on some weed...

I have original mudflaps all around and the standard spoiler on the back. I regret that I did not pay extra for the more sporty spoiler, perhaps that one would loose upp the vacuum? Is there somone here who have the sporty spoliler and have less dirt on the back or is it the same?

Agree with all these comments I thought the fiesta st was bad but the RS is really bad especially the rear view camera I have to clean the lens every time I get out of the car . I wash mine at least once a week but luckily it still has the dealer applied wax on it so cleans pretty easy and still beads well.

Car will get my own full detail once the bad weather is over around late march early April wheels off everything cleaned within an inch of its life.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, biff55 said:

i wouldnt bother with a full polish / seal / wax during dec , jan & feb on a car thats to used daily

It should've been done back in about September to make the winter washes easier tbh.  Really want to seal alloys before winter sets in as well.  The damage road salt and brake dust do will be reduced by being sealed even though they don't look clean for long.

The mud flaps on the car do very little to keep it clean.  They do help prevent stone chips on the sides of the car though.  

• Like 2

• 6 years later...

Yes it’s so depressing after you wash your car and put so much work into it. You take it down the road and again define when you open the tailgate. It is absolutely dirty and gritty. It’s not very nice. Is there any profile aerofoil or whatever you can attach to the car to stop this. Quyes it’s so depressing after you wash your car and put so much work into it. You take it down the road and again define when you open the tailgate. It is absolutely dirty and gritty. It’s not very nice. Is there any profile aerofoil or whatever you can attach to the car to stop this. ?   

It’s taken me ages to get this car and top condition now it is. This grime gets me down. I love the car and shine I love the car and shine beautiful metallic blue. Just a shame it doesn’t stay like it for long.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club