Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb music best practice

able
聽Share

Ford Fiesta titanium dec2016 Sony audio with satnav.

iam about to try and put all my music onto a usb pen drive can anybody tell me what's the best way to get the best results. Do I just copy the folders separately on to the root of the drive or copy all the music tracks onto the drive . Would I have to use any software to obtain best results .thanks buzzy

Depends on how ocd you are with folders 馃槉

I have genre folders first then the albums individually within those聽

I do have one folder with just odd songs in too.聽

Just put the specific albums you want with the songs in聽onto the USB and plug it in - done and dusted.

• Like 1

Check my guides link (below posts when viewed on a PC) for one showing the best way to sort music files.
I use mp3tag to re-order and remame files plus apply correct album art

Sent from my SM-G930F

I just copied all the tracks I wanted onto a USB memory stick and plugged it in.聽聽 The software will allow you to shuffle the tracks.

Thanks for everybody input managed to learn some helpfull items..Anouther Query when playing your music in car can it display the album Art or is it a waste of time adding the album Art .Thanks 聽buzzy

41 minutes ago, able said:

Thanks for everybody input managed to learn some helpfull items..Anouther Query when playing your music in car can it display the album Art or is it a waste of time adding the album Art .Thanks 聽buzzy

Waste of time, as I don't get any album art displayed on the Head unit display, just the name.聽

Although (if following my guide)聽I still add the聽album art, as I then transfer these to my phone - which I listen to when at the gym.聽 Then when I get to the car, I can聽copy/transfer the music聽from the phone, onto the USB drive via OTG, then plug the flash drive into the USB port.

Follow my mp3tag guide.
Remove track titles to ensure albums play in order rather than alphabetically and apply album art to tidy things up.
Top tip- turn off gracenote as it just muddles everything up again.

Sent from my SM-G930F

One piece of advice to add from a macOS user... Make sure you delete off the hidden .filename.mp3 (full stop on the front) files if you do it from a Mac because it will confuse the head unit. My Sync 2 system has kittens if I don't do it.

I know some people don't mind music playing in alphabetical order but I often listen to albums that need to be in track order (like Pink Floyds -The Wall), so removing the track name forces the system to play in track number order.
I also used to find that my system would constantly try to re-index my music, removing track names appeared to stop that.
Now it only re-indexes if I add files or remove / re-insert my memory stick.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I'm a bit anal when it comes to my MP3's on the Sync. 聽I don't have any albums, just podcasts, which i've split down to 5 minute tracks.

Then again if I did have albums, the tracks would have to be in order of the album. 聽Trance music for example, they tend to blend the tracks together. 聽So imagine listening the them alphabetically ... would sound like a jumbled up mess聽:wheelchair:

• Like 1

My point exactly.
Albums are in track order so should be played the same way.
If I want them shuffled I'll press the shuffle button myself [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club