Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium engine upgrade

SeanSedgwick

Hi guys, 

I'm sort of new to the forum, constantly reading threads on it, but never made an account.

I have a Ford Focus Titanium 61 Plate 1.6 TDCI

I have been been looking to upgrade most of my hoses under my hood, however I am struggling for a kit to buy, as most websites only supply the ST Silicone Hose kits.

I have made the mistake of ordering 1 for my turbo and it was a totally wrong fit.

Not many people upgrade their engine on this car therefore it's hard to come by parts, maybe if someone can point me in the right direction, it will help anyone else who has the same problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Spider Arachnid tuning chip and a K&N filter with a snorkel delete

Love the chip idea, 35BHP sounds fun! 

I was more thinking of changing the hoses to silicone hoses but can't find anywhere that do them, if it's even possible?

Nope, I've been looking for 3 years, no luck. we are the most common focus engine, but they only seem to make them for the very few ST's and RS's

I've even messaged a few companies and no luck! 

Im thinking, remap, dpf removal, k&n air filter and airtec intercooler

Should return decent bhp, what do you think?

4 minutes ago, SeanSedgwick said:

I've even messaged a few companies and no luck! 

Im thinking, remap, dpf removal, k&n air filter and airtec intercooler

Should return decent bhp, what do you think?

Find a company that makes silicone products and take your current hoses to them ask for a copy of them they will do it for a price (obviously) 

Remap - Yes

K & N Filter - Absolutely

DPF Removal - Absolutely not if you get caught it's trouble and soon MOT's will likely be able to check for welds or even remove it for a check.

Intercooler - Don't know about this one sounds like a great idea. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Find a company that makes silicone products and take your current hoses to them ask for a copy of them they will do it for a price (obviously) 

Remap - Yes

K & N Filter - Absolutely

DPF Removal - Absolutely not if you get caught it's trouble and soon MOT's will likely be able to check for welds or even remove it for a check.

Intercooler - Don't know about this one sounds like a great idea. 

Need to find a company in my area, best get sending some emails.

DPF was an option because my close friend works in a garage and has offered to remove it for me, plus he does my MOT's.

Might wait as once I have finished with my engine I want a Zetec S kit and then a custom built twin exhaust.

6 minutes ago, SeanSedgwick said:

Need to find a company in my area, best get sending some emails.

DPF was an option because my close friend works in a garage and has offered to remove it for me, plus he does my MOT's.

Might wait as once I have finished with my engine I want a Zetec S kit and then a custom built twin exhaust.

It's not just the MOT you'll have to worry about it's also VOSA stops and they're getting more aggressive in their searches.

It's also known for insurance to be void in an accident after DPF removal too.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

It's not just the MOT you'll have to worry about it's also VOSA stops and they're getting more aggressive in their searches.

It's also known for insurance to be void in an accident after DPF removal too.

Which will also result in it coming back to your MOT station because they passed it and they could loose their ability to perform MOTs. Not a smart idea all round.

Hmm, I guess ill leave the DPF, thanks guys

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club